Agata name meaning
On This Page
What does Agata mean?
Unconventional girl name Agata means "The Good", used in Swedish, Russian, Spanish, Polish, Danish, Old Norse, Norwegian, Icelandic, Finnish, Czech and Italian has its origin in Old Greek language. Agata is form of timeless and commonly accepted Agatha.
Agatha is Latin cognate of Agathe. Originated from Old Greek, Unorthodox Agatha, Agatha means "The Good and Good".. The name is celebrated on February 5.
How does Agata feel as a baby name?
Agata as a baby girl name is a beautiful choice. Its origin is Greek and the meaning of it 'good' gives a positive and loving tone to the name.
People feel that the name Agata carries with it the image of something special and good. It's short, sweet, and meaningful making it an ideal choice for parents looking for a unique but classic name for their little girl.
Agata also has an air of sophistication about it; it seems that the person who bears this name is meant to be successful in life. It's also associated with strength, courage, and wisdom making her sound like an inspiring individual in all aspects.
How do I pronounce Agata?
The three syllabled name Agata is commonly pronounced as a-ga-ta.
Variants of AgataNames that rhyme with Agata
How popular is the name Agata?
In England and Wales, Agata is a unique name where it has been in use since 2000 and has secured the place in top 900 names. In 2010, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 896 on girl names chart when 39 babies were named Agata.
Over 363 babies in England and Wales have been named Agata. The name is an uncommon baby name in United States, although it has been in use since 1920 but could not make beyond the top 4000.
Over 351 people have been named Agata in United States. In Ireland, it has been in use since 2006 and achieved its top ranking of 371 in 2012. There are over 105 babies that have been given the name Agata in Ireland.
In France, it has been in use since 1959 but could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 179 babies in France have been named Agata. During its 21 years of usage in Switzerland, it had made up to just the top 600 girl names.
There are over 132 babies that have been given the name Agata in Switzerland.
Agata is a rare baby name in Belgium where it is still in use. However things change on global perspective, Agata is extremely popular in Poland where every 1 in 200 have the name.
Also the baby name is popular in Russia and Indonesia. As per our findings, over 400000 people has been named Agata globally.
Agata in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Agata?
You are known for your lively spirit, eternal patience and lack of belief when it comes to love. When it comes to relationships, you hate monogamy and easily fall in and out of love. When it comes to romance, you prefer to stay single and don't obsess over stupid things such as cheating, jealousy, lack of freedom and all those relationship stuff. Everyone with a soul urge number 2 fall in love with the speed of light.
Other names similar to Agata
- Lissy - The curious girl name Lissy is used specifically in English, Swedish and Finnish, Lissy means "My God is Abundance or My God has Sworn" has origin in Hebrew and Germanic
- Antar - Uncommon boy name Antar is originated from Arabic and Old Greek which is used primarily in Tamil, Marathi and Telugu languages, meaning of Antar is "Famous Warrior, Brave or Inner"
- Karren - Meaning of Karren is Pure is majorly used in Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish and is aimed at baby girls has origin in Old Greek
- Theia - The unconventional girl name Theia means "Divine" is originated from Greek language
- Miki - Meaning of Miki is Who is Like God, Moon or Root has origin in Hungarian and Spanish, a unisex name is substantially used in Tamil and Marathi
Sibling Names for Agata
If you're looking for a sibling name for baby name Agata, here are some options that might be perfect for your family.
Sister to Agata
Brother for Agata
Famous people named Agata
- Agata Wróbel, Polish weightlifter
- Agata Szymczewska, Polish violinist
- Agata Karczmarek, Polish gymnast and long jumper
- Agata Błażowska, Polish former competitive ice dancer
- Agata Gotova, Russian actress and screenwriter
- Agata Rosłońska, Polish former competitive ice dancer
- Agata Maszkiewicz in Single Point of Failure as Costume Designer
- Agata Flori in 7 donne per i MacGregor as Actress
- Agata Kulesza in Ida as Actress
- Agata Buzek in Hummingbird as Actress
- Agata Trzebuchowska is a Polish film actress.
- Agata Szafranska in TV series Licencja na wychowanie as Actress
- In 1975, Agata Siecinska characterized the role of Elzbieta in drama and family flick Koniec wakacji.
- In 2006, Agata Dratwa characterized the role of N in comedy film Polisz kicz projekt... kontratakuje.
Lists having Agata
- Girl names beginning with A
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Czech Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Italian Girl Names
- Norse Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Polish Girl Names
- Russian Girl Names
- Spanish Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Good