Adda meaning and origin
Adda means Friendship, Reward, Noble or Decked has its origin in Hebrew, Arabic and Germanic and is used for both genders is mostly used in Old High German, Icelandic, Finnish, Danish, English, Swedish and Norwegian. Adda is variation of darling, persistent and biblical Ada. Ada is a form of Adiel. Also Ada is a form of Names Containing the Name Element Adal. Ada is also form of quintessential vintage Agda. Ada is short form of names with "nobility". Ada means Nobility and Graceful Manner has origin in German, Germanic and Hebrew.. Also Adda is form of Adelheid in German language.
Variants of Adda
Ada, Adah, Adiel, Agda, Adabella, Adalinda, Adelheid, Adalheidis, Adaliz, Adelais, Adela, Adelaide, Adalhaid, Adalheid, Lettie, Aleida, Addah, Adil, Agatha, Aidaliz, Adaleiz, Adalaide, Adelise, Adalie, Adell, Adele, Adalayde, Alline, Aleit, Eline, Adelice, Adélaïde, Lettye, AlettaNames that rhyme with Adda
Popularity of Adda
Adda is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1881, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 374 on girl names chart when 27 babies were named Adda. Over 946 people have been named Adda in United States. Adda is an uncommon baby name in France, although it has been in use since 1925 but could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 223 babies that have been given the name Adda in France.
Adda is a rare baby name in England and Wales where it is still in use. But Adda is a popular baby name in Algeria where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in Cameroon. At least, 40000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
What numbers say about Adda?
If you have things to be handled, you handle them right away, without much waiting. You are hard to read but once someone gets close to you, you allow the person to manipulate you on purpose in order to see how he or she will treat you thinking they have power over you. You need to open up and allow your closest ones to enter your real world. You are hard to reach and even harder to trust. You have to stay as you are – determined and self-confident to realize your goals.
Other names similar to Adda
- Lamont - Durable and Loved Lamont is used mainly in English used for both genders, Lamont means "Lawyer Man of Law or Lawgiver" is originated from Old Norse. In baby boy names list, illustrous Lamont was spotted at 485th position in 1986 in United States
- Amir - Widespread unisex name Amir means "Proclaimed or Strong" has its origin in Arabic is mainly used in Swedish, Arabic and Arabic
- Tiffanie - Frequently Used Tiffanie especially is used in Danish, English and Finnish, meaning of Tiffanie is "Manifestation of God, One who has an Epiphany or Manifestation of Divinity" which of Old Greek origin is a baby girl name
- Nayeli - Nayeli's meaning is I Love You is used in Arabic and English used as a gender insensitive name came from Native and American-Zapotec
- Fallon - Darling Fallon commonly is used in English bestowed upon both genders, meaning of Fallon is "Descendent of Fallamhan" is of Celtic origin
Namesakes of Adda
- Adda of Bernicia, third known ruler of the Anglo-Saxon Kingdom of Bernicia
- Adda Gleason, American actress
- Adda Djeziri, Danish–Algerian footballer
Lists having Adda
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Friendship
- Baby Names that mean Reward
- Baby Names that mean Noble