Carlo name meaning
On This Page
What does Carlo mean?
Originated from Old High German and Germanic, Prevalent and Perpetual Carlo is used as a gender-neutral name, Carlo means "Man, Husband, Strong, Vigorous, Free Man or Army" is dominantly used in English, Swedish, Italian, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Greenlandic and Spanish.
Carlo is variant form of preeminent and ceaseless Carl. Carl is variant form of preeminent and all time favorite Karl. Also Carl is variant of Carlin. Carl is also variant of immutable and well-known Carlisle.
Carl is a derivative of Charles. Widespread and Ever lasting Carl has its origin in Irish, Old High German and Old English, Carl means "Farmer's Settlement and Husband". Carlo is form of trendy and enduring Charles.
Charles is English equivalent of Karl. Also Charles is French and English cognate of Karl. Charles means Strong, Husband and A Man is of Old High German and Germanic origin. Carlo is version of lofty and ceaseless Carlos.
Carlos is Spanish equivalent of Charles. Also Carlos is Portuguese and Spanish form of Karl. Carlos is also Spanish equivalent of Karl. Renowned and Perpetual Carlos is originated from Germanic and Old High German languages, Carlos means "Husband, Strong and Manly and Manly".
Also Carlo is Italian equivalent of Karl. The name is celebrated on March 2 or November 4.
What do we think of Carlo as a name for a newborn?
Carlo is a unique and charming name for a baby boy. It has a sweet ring to it and rolls off the tongue easily.
What sets Carlo apart is its Spanish origin, which adds an exotic flavor to the name. Its meaning, "free man," gives it a powerful connotation that can inspire your little one as he grows up.
Another great thing about Carlo is its versatility - it can be paired with many middle names and surnames to create different combinations that suit different styles and personalities. Whether you are looking for a classic or modern name for your baby boy, Carlo is definitely worth considering.
How do I pronounce Carlo?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Carlo is c(a)-rlo. Some people pronounce it as car-lo.
Variants of CarloNames that rhyme with Carlo
How popular is the name Carlo?
A common name in United States having over 14636 recievers in 130 years of usage. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 1923, it ranked 470th when 230 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Additionally, the given name has been in Carlo is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1906 and was able to reach the top 300 names.
In 1960, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 261 on boy names chart when 74 babies were given the name Carlo. Over 1825 babies in France have been named Carlo.
Carlo is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 2001, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 686 on boy names chart when 30 babies were named Carlo.
Over 559 babies in England and Wales have been named Carlo. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 232 on boy names chart when 38 babies were named Carlo.
Over 492 people have been named Carlo in Switzerland.
Carlo is an uncommon baby name in still in use in Ireland. In Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and achieved its top ranking of 535 in 1995.
Over 137 babies in Belgium have been named Carlo. However things change on global perspective, Carlo is extremely popular in Italy where every 1 in 200 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Philippines, Brazil, Netherlands and Canada.
At least, 560000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Carlo in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Carlo?
You would climb the highest rock if that's necessary to accomplish something you want badly. You have the heart of a warrior. You never come up with a plan to achieve something but make your way as you go. You easily adapt to new environments and want to hang around with new people. You should be prepared for big achievements. You have no enemies. You never get tired from trying to be better than you were yesterday.
Parents who liked Carlo, loved these names
- Fitzhugh - Preeminent and Venerable boy name Fitzhugh has its origin in English and Germanic, used principally in English language, meaning of Fitzhugh is "Surname, Son of Intelligence or Son of Hugh". Frequently Used name Fitzhugh managed to bag 364th position on baby boy names chart in 1898 in United States
- Verna - Verna's meaning is Spring Green, Army or Warn is used majorly in Norwegian, Danish and Finnish. Its origin is in Germanic, Latin and Old French is bestowed upon both boys and girls
- Kristopher - Kristopher's meaning is Bearing the Christ or Carrying Christ is used predominantly in English and Finnish and a unisex name has its origin in Old Greek
- Amiyah - Prominent Sanskrit Amiyah is used primarily in English used for baby girls, meaning of Amiyah is "Aliyah or Amy"
- Zella - Famed and Ever lasting girl name Zella means "Zealous or Little Marcus" and originated from African-Bobangi and Yiddish is mostly used in Arabic, Bobangi and German
Sibling Names for Carlo
If you have chosen the name Carlo for your little one, you may be interested in finding sibling names that complement it. Whether you're looking for names with similar origins or simply ones that sound great together, we've put together a list of potential options to inspire you. Here are some of our favorite sibling names for the new addition to your family.
Sister to Carlo
Brother to Carlo
Famous people named Carlo
- Carlo Favagrossa, Italian general and politician
- Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, Italian politician and banker
- Carlo Gozzi, Italian playwright and champion of Commedia dell'Arte
- Carlo Innocenzo Frugoni, Italian poet and librettist
- Carlo Gesualdo, was Prince of Venosa and Count of Conza
- Carlo Alberto Biggini, Italian fascist politician
- Carlo Fea, Italian archaeologist
- Carlo Filangieri, Neapolitan soldier and statesman
- Carlo Felice Nicolis, conte di Robilant, native of Turin
- Carlo Scarpa, Italian architect, influenced by the materials
- Carlo Rainaldi, Italian architect of the Baroque period
- Carlo Rustichelli, Italian film composer whose career spanned the 1940s to about 1990
- Carlo Zinelli, outsider artist who suffered from schizophrenia
- Carlo Alessandro Guidi, Italian lyric poet, was born at Pavia
- Carlo Bergonzi, an illustrious group of luthiers
- Carlo Denina, Italian historian
- Carlo Pellion di Persano, Italian admiral and politician
- Carlo Michelstaedter, Italian philosopher, artist
- Carlo Furno, Italian cardinal of the Catholic Church
- Carlo Alfredo Piatti, Italian cellist, teacher and composer
- Carlo Fatuzzo, Italian politician and
- Carlo Allioni, Italian physician and professor of botany at the University of Turin
- Carlo Mollino, Italian architect, designer and photographer
- Carlo Marochetti, Italian-born French sculptor
- Carlo Pellegrini, artist
- Carlo Poerio, Italian poet
- Carlo Cattaneo, Italian philosopher and writer
- Carlo Wagner, politician from Luxembourg
- Carlo Boszhard, Dutch TV personality, singer, impersonator
- Carlo Passaglia, Italian Jesuit
- Carlo Maderno, Italian architect, born in today's Ticino
- Carlo Maria Curci, Italian theologian from Naples
- Carlo Ottavio, Count Castiglione, Italian philologist and numismatist
- Carlo Sforza, Italian diplomat and anti-Fascist politician
- Carlo Felice Trossi, Italian racecar driver and auto constructor
- Carlo Pezzati, Italian politician
- Carlo Fontana, Italian architect originating
- Carlo Schmid, German academic and politician of the Social Democratic Party of Germany
- Carlo Schmid-Sutter, Swiss politician
- Carlo Rossi, Italian architect who worked in Imperial Russia
- Carlo Cecere, Italian composer of operas
- Carlo Pisacane, Italian patriot and one of the first Italian socialist thinkers
- Carlo Blasis, Italian dancer
- Carlo Maria Pintacuda, motor-racing driver from Italy
- Carlo Mazzacurati, Italian film director and screenwriter
- Carlo Rubbia, Italian particle physicist and inventor
- Carlo Rovelli, Italian theoretical physicist and writer
- Carlo Matteucci, pioneer in the study of bioelectricity
- Carlo Emilio Bonferroni, Italian mathematician
- Carlo Beenakker, professor at Leiden University and leader of the university's mesoscopic physics group
- Carlo Goldoni, Italian playwright and librettist
- Carlo Collodi, Italian author, humorist, and journalist
- Carlo Gambino, Sicilian-American mobster and boss of the Gambino crime family
- Carlo Urbani, Italian doctor and microbiologist and the first to identify severe acute respiratory syndrome as a new and dangerously contagious viral disease
- Carlo Dolci, Italian painter of the Baroque period
Lists having Carlo
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Carl
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Husband
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Vigorous
- Baby Names that mean Free
- Baby Names that mean Army