Chloe name meaning
On This Page
What does Chloe mean?
The meaning of the name Chloe is ‘blooming’ or ‘fertility’. It is of Greek origin and the name of the young, beautiful goddess of spring in Greek mythology.
The name was popularized by the characters in the TV show "Friends" and the movie "Clueless".
The most famous people named Chloe are the French writer Colette and fashion designer Chloe Sevigny.
The name Chloe is a good choice for a baby name as it is both feminine and strong.
It has a classic feel to it but is still unique.
How Chloe is perceived as a baby name?
Chloe is a popular baby girl name that is perceived as sweet, gentle and feminine. Its origin is French and its meaning, "green shoot", is associated with growth and new beginnings.
The name has been used throughout history, but gained popularity in the 20th century. Chloe has an elegant ring to it and is often associated with grace and beauty. It's also commonly linked to nature, as the name's meaning can be interpreted as a symbol of vitality and renewal.
Overall, Chloe remains a beloved name choice for parents looking for a timeless yet modern option for their little girl.
How do I pronounce Chloe?
Two syllabled Chloe is pronounced as clo-ee. Some people pronounce it as ch-loe.
Variants of Chloe
Nicknames for Chloe
If you are looking for a nickname for a baby named Chloe, There are plenty of choicesNames that rhyme with Chloe
How popular is the name Chloe?
Chloe was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 210256 babies have been given the given name in 162 years. At the peak of its usage in 2009, it ranked 9th when 11904 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However after 162 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 10 baby names 4 times Also, Chloe was among the very popular names in England and Wales.
Since emerging in 1996 around 105989 babies have been given the moniker. At its zenith in 1997, it ranked 1st when 9628 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names.
Additionally, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 10 times Also, Chloe was among the popular names in Ireland. Since emerging in 1974 around 11213 babies have been given the given name.
At the peak of its usage in 1998, the moniker grabbed the 1st spot and 615 baby girls were given the name. However after 42 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 5 baby names 5 times Also, Chloe was a popular name in France. Over 6503 babies have been given the given name in 14 years.
When at its peak in 2011, the moniker grabbed the 32nd spot and 1855 baby girls were given the name. However after 14 years, the name is on free fall on the charts.
Additionally, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 2 times Also, Chloe is a popular name in Spain given to over 6280 babies in 7 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2017, it ranked 19th when 1422 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 3 times Also, Chloe is a popular name in Italy given to over 843 babies in 1 years.
Recently at its peak, it ranked 50th when 843 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 1 times Also, Chloe was a popular name in New South Wales.
Over 14824 babies have been given the first name in 35 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2006, it ranked 1st when 634 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 35 years but still dominating the charts. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 5 baby names 15 times
Chloe was a common name in Queensland.
Over 9127 babies have been named Chloe since 1985. At its zenith in 2008,. However after 35 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong.
Also, Chloe was a common name in Western Australia. Over 3994 babies have been named Chloe since 1996. At the peak of its usage in 2000,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but it is still going strong.
Additionally, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 13 times Also, Chloe is common in Victoria where over 3849 new-borns have been given the name since 2008.
Presently the name is rising, in 2008, it ranked 3rd when 448 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 5 baby names 6 times
Chloe is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 2001, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 107 on girl names chart when 61 babies were given the name Chloe. Over 462 people have been named Chloe in Switzerland.
Chloe is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 400 names. Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 356 on girl names chart when 36 babies were named Chloe.
Over 133 babies in Netherlands have been named Chloe.
Chloe is an uncommon baby name in Belgium, in use since 1998, peaked in 2017 when it ranked 577th. Over 131 people have been named Chloe in Belgium.
Chloe is a rare baby name in Italy still in use today. Over 843 people have been named Chloe in Italy. But Chloe is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in Australia.
At least, 370000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Chloe in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Chloe?
You react fast and don't think much when it comes to taking a risk for improvement or gaining profits. Stay true to yourself and your friends. You avoid drama and gossip. You are probably well aware of your dependence on others. Let go off your past, you are not what happened to you rather what you choose to be. You've come across many backstabbers in your life, so you can recognize when you see one.
You would love these names similar to Chloe
- Gregoria - Gregoria's meaning is The Watchful or The Word Gregorein with the Meaning Watchful Vigilant is used as a unisex name and is principally used in Spanish has origin in Old Greek
- Nikole - Originated from Old Greek, Famed Nikole is largely used in French and Danish, Nikole means "Victory or Victory of the People" is used for girls
- Kaira - Outlandish Kairas origin is Old Persian and Italian, meaning of Kaira is "Unique or Peaceful" used as a baby girl name is specifically used in Malayalam and English
- Apro - Persistent and Renowned Apro is originated from Old Greek is substantially used in Finnish is aimed at boys. Apro is Finnish cognate of Abram
- Meggan - The well-known girl name Meggan is rooted from Old Greek and Greek, Meggan means "Pearl" is used notably in English
Middle names for Chloe
Below are well-liked and familiar middle names we think go particularly well with Chloe:
View more middle names that goes with Chloe.
Sibling Names for Chloe
Choosing the perfect name for your newborn can be a daunting task, especially when you're looking for names that complement each other. If you've decided on the name Chloe, here are some great options for sibling names that will perfectly match with Chloe's style and uniqueness.
For a sister
Brother for Chloe
Famous people named Chloe
- Chloe Moss, English playwright
- Chloe Webb, American actress, best known for her roles
- Chloe Ashcroft, actor and former presenter of several BBC children's TV programmes, including 'Play School', 'Play Away', 'Hokey-Cokey'
- Chloe Rose Lattanzi, American singer and actress
- Chloe Dao, American fashion designer and television personality
- Chloe Dolandis, American singer-songwriter, voice actor
- Chloe Sims, Australian gymnast
- Chloe Aridjis, London-based Mexican novelist and writer
- Chloe Maxwell, Australian television presenter and model
- Chloe Hunter, American model and actress best
- Chloe Rogers, English field hockey player midfield and forward and London 2012 Olympic bronze medal-winner
- Chloe Howman, English actress
- Chloe Bridges, American actress
- Chloe Hooper, Australian author
- Chloe Dallimore, Australian actor, singer and dancer
- Chloe Alper, British singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist
- In 1997 drama, sci-fi flick, Alien Visitor, Chloe Ferguson characterized Child.
- Chloe Vevrier portrayed leading role of N in 2011 romance flick Villa Vevrier.
- Chloe Colleen portrayed the key character of Suzan O'Connor in 2019 crime movie Forgery.
- Chloe Eaton portrayed the small role of Puritan woman in 2017 documentary, drama movie Hexenjagd in Salem.
- In horror film, The Harper's Field Footage, Chloe Moore played N.
- In 2018 romance, sci-fi movie, Diminuendo, Chloe Dykstra portrayed Cello Shea and Number 8.
- In action movie, Fierce Target, Chloe Chung played Mira.
- In 2018, Chloe Traicos portrayed the role of Jackie McGann in thriller film Devil's Cove.
- In 2006 drama flick, Em 4 Jay, Chloe Armstrong played Bianca.
- In 2009 animation and comedy film, Bye-Bye Bin Laden, Chloe Bronzan characterized Reporter.
Lists having Chloe
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in France (2014)
- Popular Girl Names in Italy (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Green
- Baby Names that mean Shoot
- Baby Names that mean Young
- Baby Names that mean Girl