Dinah name meaning
On This Page
What does Dinah mean?
Of Hebrew and Indoeuropean origin, Famed and Conifer Dinah means "Avenged or Judged and Vindicated, Justified, Decoration, Valley, Spear Ruler, Judgement or Divine" particulary used in Hebrew, Telugu, German and English is used as a baby girl name.
Also Dinah is Hebrew and English form of Diana. It is celebrated on March 20th.
How do I pronounce Dinah?
One syllabled Dinah is pronounced as DYE-nah. There should be emphasis on first DYE syllable while speaking. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., d(i)-nah or dye-nuh.
Variants of Dinah
Middle Names for Dinah
Gracelynn, Egle, Vix, Blen, view more middle names that goes with DinahNames that rhyme with Dinah
How popular is the name Dinah?
Dinah used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1880 and over 10213 babies have been given the name in 136 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1955,.
After 136 years, the name has past its prime. In addition to that, the first name has been in Dinah is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 22 years of use, it could not make it big.
Over 150 babies in England and Wales have been named Dinah. Also, it is among the top 800 girl names in France. Over 394 babies in France have been named Dinah.
Dinah is a rare baby name in Ireland and may not be used now since it isn't seen since 1972 and also in Belgium. But Dinah is a popular baby name in Uganda where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Brazil, Philippines, Nigeria, Madagascar and Indonesia.
At least, 150000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Dinah in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Dinah
Having letter D as your cornerstone reveals your passion for unusual weird things and people. Everyone admires the courage you have to do the things you want in life, and reject everything that's not in your favor. Helping people, protecting nature and animals are your main preoccupation. Open your mind to new opinion and widen your perspective. You should stop hoping that everyone will understand and support you.
Do you like Dinah? Read these names too
- Enrique - Enrique's meaning is House or King, Powerful or Power is used as a gender-neutral name. Its origin is in Old High German and Germanic is largely used in Danish and Norwegian. Acclaimed Enrique ranked at 475 position in 2018 among baby boy names in United States
- Yasmin - Meaning of Yasmin is Jasmine Flower or A Flower Name is a unisex name principally used in Hindi and Finnish has origin in Arabic and Old Persian
- Marina - Celebrated and Perennial unisex name Marina is majorly used in Italian and Greenlandic, meaning of Marina is "Sea Maiden or Star of the Sea" has origin in Latin
- Iker - Iker's meaning is Visitation or Bearer of Good News is prevalently used in Spanish and Basque and is used for both genders is rooted from Basque
- Claudia - Substantially used in Italian and Danish long standing and frequently used, Claudia is rooted from Latin, a gender insensitive name, meaning of Claudia is "Disabled or Reference to the Gender of the Claudian"
Sibling Names for Dinah
If you're considering the name Dinah for your little one, you might be interested in matching it with a sibling name that complements it perfectly. Here are some great options to consider for your new bundle of joy.
Sister for Dinah
Brother for Dinah
Famous people named Dinah
- Dinah Shtettin, prominent English-born Yiddish theater actress
- Dinah Christie, Canadian actress and singer
- Dinah Washington, American singer and pianist
- Dinah Shore, American singer, actress
- Dinah Craik, English novelist and poet
- Dinah Sheridan, English actress with a career spanning seven decades
- Dinah Cancer, best known for her band 45 Grave
- Dinah Manoff, American stage, film
- Dinah, daughter of Jacob
- Dinah Shearing in Buddies as Actress
- Dinah Englund in Titanic as Miscellaneous Crew
- Dinah Stabb in Get Him to the Greek as Actress
- Dinah Lacey in Troop Beverly Hills as Actress
- Dinah Lenney in Internal Affairs as Actress
- Dinah Minot in Wayne's World as Producer
- Dinah Dominguez, from 1990 action, comedy flick Patigasan... ang laban, who portrayed N.
Lists having Dinah
- Biblical Girl Names
- Girl names beginning with D
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -nah
- Baby Names that mean Judged
- Baby Names that mean Valley
- Baby Names that mean Spear
- Baby Names that mean Ruler
- Baby Names that mean Judgement
- Baby Names that mean Divine