Dolly name meaning
What does Dolly mean?
Trendy and Evergreen unisex name Dolly is originated from Old Greek, Spanish and Latin, meaning of Dolly is "Cute Baby, Pet Form of Dorthea and Dolores, Gift of God, Pain or Like Doll" is used commonly in English, Oriya, Telugu, Gujarati, Danish, Bengali, Norwegian, Swedish, Tamil, Hindi, Marathi, Kannada, Finnish and Malayalam. Dolly is derivation of Dolorès. Meaning of Dolorès is Pain is of Latin origin. Dolly is equivalent of Dorothy in English language. Also Dolly is equivalent of Dolores in Swedish language. It is celebrated on September 15.
How do I pronounce Dolly?
d(ol)-ly is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Dolly. doll-ee is another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of Dolly
Dorotheos, Dol, Doly, Dolitta, Dorothy, Dolores, Dorothea, Darthy, Doll, Dorine, Addolorata, Lora, Dorathea, Doris, Dorotheus, Darrthy, Doriene, Dora, Lorabelle, Lori, Lore, Loralee, Laurentia, Laurentius, Flora, Eleonora, Loretta, LauraNames that rhyme with Dolly
How popular is the name Dolly?
A common name in United States with over 19947 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. The moniker is Recently ascending on the charts, in 1881, the moniker grabbed the 277th spot and 395 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the first name has been in Also, Dolly used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 1408 babies have been given the name in 23 years. At its zenith in 2015,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but it is still going strong.
Dolly is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1909 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1935, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 325 on girl names chart when 31 babies were named Dolly. Over 935 babies in France have been named Dolly. The given name is a rare baby name in Ireland still in use today. But Dolly is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 50000 have the name as well as in, Colombia, South Africa, Egypt, Philippines and Madagascar. According to our research, at least 140000 people have been bestowed Dolly around the globe.
Dolly in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Dolly
You influence people with your words, so make sure you say the right words. To have no 6 as your soul urge number means you are focused on inner healing. Over-thinking kills. This is your motto. You don't think twice before making a decision. The vowel o as your first one in your name reveals you are an opportunist. Negative people steal your energy and leave you drained and unwilling to do the things you want to do like express your feelings in a creative manner.
Go through the following names similar to Dolly
- Proctor - Cherished and Classy boy name Proctor is rooted from Latin, meaning of Proctor is "The Word Pro Curare Meaning Steward Caretaker" is dominantly used in English
- Urbaine - The boy name Urbaine is mainly used in French, Urbaine means "City Dweller" has its origin in Latin
- Rosane - Meaning of Rosane is Gracious, Flower or Rose is used as a baby girl name is of Latin origin
- Mart means Warrior or Warlike is used particulary in English. Its origin is in Turkish and Latin is a baby boy name
- Ulysses - Meaning of Ulysses is Wrathful, Hate or The Word Odyssesthai Meaning to Hate has its origin in Old Greek aimed at both sexes is used mostly in Hindi, Finnish and Latin
Middle names for Dolly
Here are some in vogue and gutsy middle names we think go great with Dolly, we've got you covered with these in vogue and gutsy middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Dolly.
Sibling Names for Dolly
Dolly is a sweet and charming name that has always been popular among parents. For those who are looking for sibling names that would perfectly complement this adorable name, we have compiled a list of some amazing options that will surely help you make the perfect choice. From traditional to modern, here are some of the best sibling names for Dolly.
Names for Dolly's sister
Brother to Dolly
Famous people named Dolly
- Dolly King, American professional basketball player
- Dolly Parton, American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, actress, author
- Dolly, female domestic sheep, and the first mammal cloned
- Dolly Shepherd, parachutist and fairground entertainer
- Dolly Buster, film producer and director, actress
- Dolly Pentreath, speaker of the Cornish language
- Dolly Rathebe, South African musician and actress
- Dolly Dots, popular Dutch girl band in the 1980s
- Dolly Sisters,
- Dolly Haas, German-American actress and singer
- Dolly Martin, English pinup model and actress
- Dolly Mixture, were an English band
- Dolly James, British singer-songwriter and session singer
- Dolly Varden, Chicago band built around the singing and songwriting of husband and wife duo Steve Dawson and Diane Christiansen
- Dolly, rock band from Nantes, France
- Dolly Hall, American film producer
- Dolly Collins, English folk musician, arranger and composer
- Dolly Thakore, veteran Indian theatre actress and casting director
- Dolly Bindra in Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi as Actress
- Dolly Minhas in Bombay Dreams as Actress
- Dolly Malunga in Skwizas as Actress
- Dolly Thicke in Baby Talk as
- Dolly Gray in S&M Sally as Actress
- Dolly Jonah in Harry and Tonto as Actress
- In 1969 drama, thriller movie, The Detention Girls, Dolly Abrams portrayed N.
- In 1931, Dolly Bouwmeester portrayed the role of N in comedy flick De sensatie der toekomst.
- In 1923 western film, Riders of the Range, Dolly Dale played Alice Randall.
- Dolly Davis portrayed leading character of Lucie - une dactylo in 1926 comedy and drama film Le voyage imaginaire.
- Dolly Grey characterized main character of Silvia Delotti in 1929 drama flick Maratona.
- In 1992 drama, family movie, Shongkhonil Karagar, Dolly Johur characterized Rabeya and Emma.
- Dolly Larkin characterized leading character of Ray Fox in 1915 movie The Labyrinth.
- In 1992 action and adventure film, Mr. Bond, Dolly Mattoo played Sushma.
- Dolly von Alfthan, from 1943 crime and drama flick Varjoja Kannaksella, who played Veronica Sorrento.
- In 1921, Dolly Morgan played the role of N in drama film Senza amore.
- In 1995 thriller film, Deadly Affair, Dolly Unachukwu played Isabella.
- Dolly di Rosso, from 2008 drama flick In and Out of Planet Earth, who portrayed the A bird.
- In 2007 action and drama flick, Al-Shayatin, Dolly Shaheen characterized Rana.
- In 1919 film, Protéa V ou L'intervention de Protéa, Dolly Esmond characterized Lina Lonat.
- In 1979 drama flick, Surja Dighal Bari, Dolly Anowar portrayed Jaigun.
- Dolly Fliskou, from 1961 comedy movie To paidi tis piatsas, who played the Ourania.
- Dolly Dvoranová-Pospísilová played small role of Drowned Woman in 1923 drama film Za oponou smrti.
- Dolly Fuentes, from 1971 drama flick Margarita, who characterized the Margarita.
Lists having Dolly
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Cute
- Baby Names that mean Divine
- Baby Names that mean Gift
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Pain