Helma meaning and origin
Helma's meaning is Helmet, Protection or Helm is dominantly used in German, Swedish, Icelandic, Faroese, Hungarian, English, Finnish, Norwegian and Danish has its roots in Germanic and German is used as a unisex name.. Helma is Hungarian and English form of Wilhelmina. Also Helma is German form of Names Containing the Name Element Hjalm.
Variants of HelmaNames that rhyme with Helma
Popularity of Helma
Helma is an uncommon baby name in United States, where it last appeared in 1952 after 57 years of use since 1880. There are over 595 babies that have been given the name Helma in United States. Also, it appeared first time in 1943 on baby girl names list of France. Helma is a rare baby name in England and Wales however it is still in use. But Helma is a popular baby name in Germany where every 1 in 4000 have the name. As per our findings, over 40000 babies have been bestowed Helma around the globe.
Helma in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Helma?
You act cold around people not because you are insensitive as they believe but scared of getting carried away by your emotions. You should learn to love yourself with all your flaws and imperfections, even the tendency to doubt yourself. You want to be in control of your life and emotions. Help them improve instead of judging. In order to do something unprecedented, you have to refocus from what's not important such as gossip, partying and messing around to what's really important and that's your dreams and expanding your knowledge.
Parents who liked Helma, loved these names
- Bonde - Used especially in English and Norwegian, Bonde aimed at baby boys is originated from Old English. Bonde is equivalent of Bóndi in Swedish language
- Egidius - Prevalently used in Swedish and Norwegian, Egidius is used as a baby boy name, meaning of Egidius is "The Beschützende, Shield-Bearer or Aigis" is rooted from Old Greek
- Cedrik - Atypical Cedrik primarily is used in Swedish and Danish aimed at boys that originated from English and Welsh, meaning of Cedrik is "Beloved"
- Jolina - Unfamiliar Jolina came from English, Hebrew and French languages is used as a girl name which is especially used in German, Swedish and English, meaning of Jolina is "A Well-established Compound of Jo, God will Add or God is Merciful"
- Cailean - Meaning of Cailean is Coileán has its origin in Scottish and Celtic is a gender insensitive name is used predominantly in Scottish and Gaelic
Namesakes of Helma
- Helma Sanders-Brahms, German film director, screenwriter and producer
- Helma Lehmann, German rower
- Helma Knorscheidt, East German shot putter
- Helma Lodders is a Dutch politician who currently occupies a seat in the Second House of the States General by the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy since June 17, 2010. Previously, she served as councilor for
- Helma Flessa is writer of tvMovie Reisender ohne Gep�ck