Elia name meaning
On This Page
What does Elia mean?
Meaning of Elia is Jehovah is God, The Lord is My God, Succeed, Foreign, God is My Salvation or My God is Yahweh is a gender-neutral name and rooted from Italian, English, Zuni, Germanic, German, Dutch and Hebrew is used in Tamil, Italian, Finnish, English, Faroese, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish and French.
Elia is variation of well-liked, enduring and biblical Eli. Eli is variation of prominent Ali. Also Eli is a version of outstanding and ever lasting Ellis. Eli is short version of Elias.
Also Eli is short of Eliezer. Eli is also shortened form of Elijah. Eli is also abridged form of Elisha. Eli is effeminate variation of Eli M. Eli is Hebrew and Latin form of Names Containing the Hebrew Name Element Eli.
Meaning of Eli is Ascension and the Superior is originated from English, Hebrew and Hungarian. Elia is a version of dominant and venerable Ellis. Ellis is a variation of evergreen and admired Elias.
Also Ellis is variant of widespread, conifer and biblical Elijah. Ellis is also variant of Elisud. Ellis is also a version of venerable, biblical and desirable Elisa. Ellis is also variant form of darling and biblical Elis.
Ellis is shortened form of Elizabeth. Ellis is equivalent of Alice in English language. Also Ellis is form of Alice in Nordic language. Meaning of Ellis is Form of Elijah, Peaceful Ruler and Kind is rooted from Welsh, Hebrew and English.
Elia is version of pleasing and biblical Elias. Elias is equivalent of Elijah in Italian language. Elias is also form of Ilias in Latin language. Elias is also Latin equivalent of Helge.
Elias means Jehovah is God and God is God came from Hebrew and English. Elia is short version of Elijah. Elijah is equivalent of Elias in English language. Elijah's meaning is Beautiful, My God is Yahweh and Loving is rooted from Hebrew.
Elia is celebrated on July 20th.
How does Elia sound as a baby name?
Elia is a charming baby name with Hebrew origin that has become increasingly popular in recent years. It translates to "God has answered," which echoes a sense of divine intervention and grace.
Elia signifies strength, wisdom, and purity, making it an ideal moniker for parents looking for a meaningful name for their child. What sets Elia apart from other names is its simple yet profound meaning and the way it rolls off the tongue effortlessly.
It's also gender-neutral, making it versatile for both boys and girls. Elia is a name that exudes positivity and warmth, making it a great choice for parents who want to welcome their child into the world with love and hope.
How do I pronounce Elia?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Elia is e-lia.
Variants of EliaNames that rhyme with Elia
How popular is the name Elia?
Elia was among the popular names in Italy. Since emerging in 2013 around 7635 babies have been given the name. At its zenith in 2016, the moniker grabbed the 39th spot and 1397 baby boys were given the name.
However after 6 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 6 times A common name in United States with over 7998 new-borns have been given the name since 1884.
Presently the name is rising, in 1897, 232 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 931st position. Also, Elia used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 1900 and over 8221 babies have been given the name in 140 years.
When at its peak in 2016,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 140 years. Also, In Spain, Elia was once a common name since emerging in 2014 it has been given to over 1853 babies.
At its zenith in 2015,. However after 5 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still in a strong position. Also, Elia is a common name in Switzerland given to over 3330 babies in 36 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 2018, it ranked 23rd when 199 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Elia is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 800 names.
Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 767 on girl names chart when 50 babies were named Elia. Over 490 people have been named Elia in England and Wales.
Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1997 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 283 on girl names chart when 37 babies were named Elia.
Over 470 babies in Belgium have been named Elia.
But Elia is a popular baby name in Mexico where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Tanzania, Indonesia, Madagascar, Brazil, Venezuela, Cuba, DR Congo, Peru, Uganda, Colombia and Honduras.
As per our evaluation, over 330000 people has been named Elia globally.
Elia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Elia?
You have people who love you. You have to pay attention to your surroundings and the people you hang out with. You want an extraordinary life. And by focusing on something other than material will get you one. Good things don't just fall from the sky. You have to earn them. You know this. Be more flexible and less stubborn. You act cold around people not because you are insensitive as they believe but scared of getting carried away by your emotions.
Do you like Elia? You would love these names
- Beatrix - Prevailing and Enduring Beatrix has its origin in Romanian, Dutch and French is principally used in English and Swedish, Beatrix means "Pilgrim or Auspicious" is used for baby girls
- Else - Else's meaning is My God has Sworn, My God is Perfect or My God is Abundance is predominantly used in Danish, Scandinavian and Dutch and is aimed at baby girls is originated from Hebrew and Germanic
- Merle - Durable and Renowned Merle is used commonly in Dutch, French and English is originated from Celtic and Old French aimed at both sexes, Merle means "A Bird or Able". Among boy names, pleasing Merle ranked 490 in year 1957 in United States
- Aco - The boy name Aco means "Protector and Protector of Mankind" has origin in Old Greek and Slavic. Aco is diminutive of Alexander.
- Mercurius - The boy name Mercurius means "Goods, Merchandise or Merchandise", substantially used in Dutch, Finnish and Swedish has origin in Latin
Sibling Names for Elia
Choosing the perfect name for your little one can be a daunting task. If you've decided on the name Elia, consider pairing it with one of these beautiful and unique sibling names. From classic to modern, there is something for every family dynamic in this list.
For a sister
For a brother
Famous people named Elia
- Elia Millosevich, Italian astronomer
- Elia Levita, Renaissance Hebrew grammarian, scholar and poet
- Elia W. Peattie, American author, journalist and critic
- Elia del Medigo,
- Elia Cmíral, Czech composer for film, television, ballet
- Elia Zenghelis, Greek architect and teacher
- Elia Ravelomanantsoa, Malagasy politician and the director of Synergy-FCB.
- Elia Dalla Costa, Italian Roman Catholic prelate and cardinal
- Elia Kazan, Greek-American director, producer
- Elia Suleiman, Palestinian film director and actor of Rûm Greek Orthodox origin
- Elia Aboumrad, Mexican chef and former 'Top Chef' contestant
- Elia Rigotto, Italian professional road bicycle racer
- Eliana Palermo in Viva el teatro as Actress
- Elia Eudoxia was a Roman empress, wife of the Roman emperor of the East, Arcadius.
- Elia Kalligeraki characterized critical role of Teta in 1972 comedy film Ti 30... ti 40... ti 50....
Lists having Elia
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- American Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Eli
- Girl names that ends with -lia
- Popular Boy Names in Italy (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Jehovah
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Foreign
- Baby Names that mean Salvation
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh