Zana meaning and origin
The prevailing and venerable girl name Zana is originated from Hebrew and Arabic used prevalently in Bengali, Hindi, Slovenian, English and Hebrew languages, Zana means "Flow of Water or Yahweh is Gracious". Zana is a variant form of Nizana. Noteworthy and Perennial Nizana's origin is Hebrew, meaning of Nizana is "Bud". Zana is variation of cherished and long standing Zena. Zena is a variant form of evergreen and biblical Ana. Also Zena is variant of unfading and famous Zina. Zena is also a form of prevailing Zenaida. Zena is abridged form of Zenobia. Also Zena is a short form of Rosina. Originated from Old Persian and Old Greek, Popular and Ceaseless Zena, Zena means "Fame and Welcoming".
Variants of Zana
Jehanne, Ieuan, Johanan, Zanaa, Nizana, Zena, Nitza, Ana, Zina, Zenaida, Jeanne, Johanna, Ivan, John, Johannes, Hanan, Aana, Thena, Aldana, Anaclara, Anna, Ananias, Anianus, Zeena, Xenia, Zinaida, ZenobiaNames that rhyme with Zana
Popularity of Zana
A common name in United States with over 2130 new-borns have been given the name since 1882. When at the peak of its usage in 1994, 252 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 802nd position. Zana is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 145 babies in England and Wales have been named Zana. Also, it is among the top 2000 girl names in France. Over 134 babies in France have been named Zana. In Switzerland, it is relatively new, first appeared in 1998. It also recently appeared in Belgium baby girl names chart.
But Zana is a popular baby name in Ivory Coast where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in Algeria. As per our estimate, over 50000 people has been named Zana globally.
Zana in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Zana?
You always put other people's needs and wishes before yours. But you just won't admit it. Having the letter A as your capstone reveals your true personality. The letter Z as a cornerstone stands for high intelligence, great reflexes, sharp instincts, and compassion. Number 4 as your expression no reveals your inner strength, strong communication and organization abilities, and well-structured life.
Looking for a name like Zana? Please go through the following names
- Sofiane - Majorly used in French and Arabic, Sofiane has origin in Arabic and is given to boys, meaning of Sofiane is "Pure or The Element Safa Which Means Pure"
- Bazam - Boy name Bazam is notably used in Sindhi and Arabic, Bazam means "Abu Salih or It was the Name of the Tabiee"
- Numair - Originated from Arabic, Unwonted Numair means "Baby Tiger or Panther" which is used specifically in Hindi and Arabic is used customarily as a baby boy name
- Shail - Used predominantly in Hindi, Gujarati and Telugu unexpected, Shail has its origin in Sanskrit and a baby boy name, Shail means "Mountain or A Mountain Rock"
- Munkadir - Boy name Munkadir means "An Ascetic or Authority for Hadith or This was the Name of Abu Bakr Muhammad" is used commonly in Sindhi and Arabic
Namesakes of Zana
- Zana Briski, British photographer and filmmaker, best
- Zana, Serbian and former Yugoslav pop/rock group
- Zana Nimani, former Yugoslav singer
- Zana Muhsen, British author
- Zana Salobir in 616: Paranormal Incident as Actress
- Zana Gardasevic in Die rote Zora as Actress
- Zana Scott in In Sickness and in Health as Camera and Electrical Department
- Zana Mitchell is notable for her acting in TV series Best Friends
- In 1978, Zana Braz played the role of N in drama flick Traí... Minha Amante Descobriu.
- In 2013 drama film, Mali div, Zana Bumber characterized Majka.