Liam name meaning
What does Liam mean?
The name Liam is of Irish origin, and it means "strong-willed warrior." It's a popular name for baby boys in the United States.
Liam has been a popular baby name in the United States for many years. It is the most popular baby name for boys since 2017.
The popularity of the name Liam may be due to its meaning or to its connection to celebrities such as Liam Neeson and Liam Hemsworth.
Liam has been a popular baby name in recent years, likely due in part to celebrities who have chosen the name for their sons. Here are some famous people named Liam:
-Liam Neeson, Academy Award-nominated actor who has starred in such films as Schindler's List and Taken
-Liam Hemsworth, actor best known for his roles in The Hunger Games franchise and Independence Day: Resurgence
-Liam Payne, member of the internationally successful boy band One Direction
-Liam Cunningham, Irish actor who has appeared in Game of Thrones and Castle
As you can see, there are many reasons to choose this name for your little one. From its meaning and origin to its popularity and cultural significance, the name Liam has a lot going for it. So if you're looking for a strong yet stylish name for your baby boy, consider Liam.
Is the name Liam suitable for a newborn?
Liam is a popular Irish name that has gained popularity worldwide. It's a simple yet stylish name that's easy to pronounce and spell. This charming name has an appealing sound and a wonderful meaning, which makes it a perfect choice for parents looking for a strong and meaningful name for their baby boy. Liam has been consistently ranked in the top 10 most popular names for boys in several countries, including the United States and Canada. The name exudes confidence, strength, and determination, qualities that are highly desirable in any child. Overall, Liam is a great choice for parents who want to give their baby boy a unique yet classic name with Irish roots.
How do I pronounce Liam?
Two syllabled Liam is pronounced as lee-um.
Variants of Liam
Leam, Liamjames, William, Wilhelm, Bille, Williams, Williamjames, Willihelm, Billa, Birger
Nicknames for Liam
Since the name Liam is such a short name, it is hard to converge any further but we managed scrape out few options:Names that rhyme with Liam
How popular is the name Liam?
an extremely popular name in United States having over 212719 recievers in 86 years of usage. Currently the name is hotter than ever, it ranked 1st when 19837 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 6 times Also, a very popular name in England and Wales having over 56054 recievers in 23 years of usage. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 1996, the moniker grabbed the 10th spot and 5802 baby boys were given the name. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 10 baby names 1 times Also, Liam was a popular name in France. Over 30678 babies have been given the first name in 51 years. At its zenith in 2016, it ranked 10th when 3663 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. However after 51 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 10 baby names 1 times Also, Liam is a popular name in Spain given to over 2193 babies in 3 years. Currently the name is rising, in 2019, 962 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 39th position. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 1 times Also, Liam is a popular in Netherlands where over 1574 new-borns have been given the name since 2016. Presently peaked at the charts, 532 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 11st position. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 3 times Also, Liam was among the popular names in Sweden. Since emerging in 2000 around 3989 babies have been given the moniker. At the peak of its usage in 2007, 745 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 13rd position. After 8 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 6 times Also, Liam was among the popular names in New South Wales. Since emerging in 1987 around 12466 babies have been given the given name. At its zenith in 1997, it ranked 10th when 617 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 32 years. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 10 baby names 3 times
A common name in Ireland with over 12817 new-borns have been given the name since 1964. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 11st spot and 457 baby boys were given the name. Also, Liam was a common name in Switzerland. Over 1178 babies have been named Liam since 1998. At the peak of its usage in 2011,. After 12 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Liam was a common name in Denmark. Over 2094 babies have been named Liam since 2011. At its zenith in 2013,. However after 8 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but it is still going strong. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 8 times Also, Liam was a common name in Belgium. Over 3304 babies have been named Liam since 1995. When at its peak in 2009,. After 17 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, A common name in Queensland having over 6531 recievers in 26 years of usage. At its zenith in 1998, it ranked 10th when 354 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Additionally, the name has been in the top 10 baby names 2 times Also, In Western Australia, Liam was once a common name since emerging in 2005 it has been given to over 277 babies. When at its peak in 2005,. After 2 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 10 baby names 1 times Also, Liam was a common name in Victoria. Over 2966 babies have been named Liam since 2008. At the peak of its usage in 2011,. However after 11 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 11 times
Liam is a rare baby name in Western Australia where it is still in use. Over 277 people have been named Liam in Western Australia. But Liam is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Thailand and Australia. At least, 340000 people globally have carried Liam as their given name according to our evaluation.
Liam in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Liam
You want to do everything as planned in life. You are a lone wolf who can survive on his own because of his skills, highly developed sense of intuition, and the ability to provide for himself. You are a passionate lover but take people for granted. It's time you give adventure and spontaneity a chance. You believe that what you give is what you will receive. If you put your mind on something, giving up before its done is out of the question.
Looking for a name like Liam? Please go through the following names
- Mariah - Used in Danish and English eternal and widely accepted, Mariah means "A Bitterly Wanted Child or God is My Teacher" has its roots in Hebrew is used as a unisex name . On list of baby girl names, celebrated Mariah managed to reach 217 in year 2018 in United States
- Glenn - Meaning of Glenn is Tal, From the Valley or Country is of Gaelic, Celtic and Welsh origin aimed at both boys and girls is used majorly in Danish and Finnish
- Meghan - Preeminent Meghan is used largely in Danish, English and Norwegian, Meghan means "The Pearl or Diminutive of Margaret" and a unisex name is of Welsh, English and Old Greek origin
- Chester - Used mostly in English persistent and trendy, Chester aimed at both genders has its origin in Old English, Chester means "Castle Dweller or Fort"
- Wayne - Principally used in English long standing and lofty, Wayne has its origin in Old English and is bestowed upon both boys and girls, meaning of Wayne is "The Word Waegen with the Meaning Cart Wagon, Car or Cart Maker Carter"
Middle names for Liam
These new and endearing middle names fit well with Liam.
View more middle names that goes with Liam.
Famous people named Liam
- Liam Kavanagh, Irish former Labour Party politician
- Liam Fitzgerald, Irish former Fianna Fáil politician
- Liam Botham, English former cricket
- Liam Forde, alias used by Séamas Ó Maoiléoin of Tyrrellspass
- Liam Burke, Irish Fine Gael politician
- Liam Ball, Irish Olympic swimmer at both the 1968 Mexico City and 1972 Munich Olympic Summer Games
- Liam Deasy, Irish Republican Army officer
- Liam Hyland, elected representative for over 25 years
- Liam Ahern, Irish Fianna Fáil politician
- Liam Beckett, football manager and former player
- Liam Bartlett, Australian journalist and reporter
- Liam Kelly, Irish republican
- Liam Reale, Irish middle distance runner
- Liam Rice, volunteer in the Irish Republican Army
- Liam Harrison, Irish musician and songwriter
- Liam Bennett, former Wexford senior hurler
- Liam Lindström, Swedish-Canadian ice hockey player
- Liam D'Arcy-Brown, British sinologist and travel writer
- Liam Cort, basketball player for the Milton Keynes Lions
- Liam Ryan, former hurler with the Dublin senior team and O'Tooles GAC
- Liam Spencer, British artist
- Liam Hassett, Irish sportsperson
- Liam Dunne, former Irish soccer player
- Liam Cunningham, Irish Fianna Fáil politician
- Liam Rector, American poet, essayist and educator
- Liam Tobin, officer in the Irish Army and the instigator of an Irish Army Mutiny
- Liam Neeson, actor from Northern Ireland who holds British
- Liam Cosgrave, Irish Fine Gael politician
- Liam Gallagher, English singer and songwriter
- Liam Lynch, musician, puppeteer and filmmaker
- Liam Fox, British politician of the Conservative Party
- Liam Lawlor, Irish Fianna Fáil politician
- Liam Aiken, American actor
- Liam O'Flaherty, Irish novelist and short story writer and a major figure
- Liam Byrne, British Labour Party politician
- Liam O'Flynn, Irish uilleann piper and Irish traditional musician
- Liam Miller, Irish professional footballer
- Liam Brady, Irish former footballer and assistant manager of the Republic of Ireland national football team
- Liam Rosenior, English retired professional footballer
- Liam Clancy, Irish folk singer and actor from Carrick-on-Suir
- Liam Howlett, is record producer, musician, songwriter
- Liam Lawrence, professional footballer
- Liam Ridgewell, English professional footballer
- Liam Twomey, former Irish Fine Gael politician
- Liam Lynch, officer
- Liam Aylward, Irish former Fianna Fáil politician
- Liam Daish, former football player who played as a centre-half
- Liam Mellows, Irish republican and Sinn Féin politician
- Liam Cunningham, Irish stage and screen actor
- Liam Flood, Irish bookmaker and professional poker player
- Liam Brennan, from 2013 comedy flick Twelfth Night, who characterized the Orsino.
- In 2008, Liam McMahon portrayed the role of Gerry Campbell in biography, drama film Hunger.
- Liam Redmond portrayed pivotal character of Inspector Corcoran in 1958 drama movie The Diplomatic Corpse.
- In 2000, Liam Waite portrayed the role of Cade Russo in thriller flick Civility.
- Liam O'Neill played the leading role of Peter Fitzpatrick in 2004 adventure and drama movie Last Goodbye.
- In 1970 documentary, music film, Under the Table You Must Go, Liam Nolan portrayed Narrator.
- Liam Watson portrayed central character of Jon Reid in 2002 thriller flick Throttle.
- Liam Fountain played the leading role of James Bond In action flick Death Collector.
- In 1999 drama film, Junked, Liam Stone played Turner.
- In 2011, Liam Card portrayed the role of Michael in comedy, romance movie Textuality.
- In thriller film, Civil Disobedience, Liam Owen portrayed Justin.
- In 2010 drama flick, Rh11, Liam Cooper played Josh Reynolds.
- In 2012 action and adventure film, The Hunger Games, Liam Hemsworth characterized Gale Hawthorne.
- Liam Kim, from 2012 drama flick Le nez dans le ruisseau, who characterized the Tom Dubois.
Lists having Liam
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Gaelic Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in France (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Denmark (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Denmark (2012)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Northern Territory (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Western Australia (2015)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Norway (2015)
- Baby Names that mean Desire
- Baby Names that mean Helmet
- Baby Names that mean Protection
- Baby Names that mean Resolute