Cal name meaning
On This Page
What does Cal mean?
Of Old English, Irish, Gaelic, Celtic, Old French, Hebrew and Latin origin, Cherished and Conifer Cal means "Courageous, Little Bald One, Hairless, Dog or Short for Names Beginning with Cal" especially used in Arabic, Scottish, Irish, English and Latin is bestowed upon both sexes.
Cal is variant of new-fangled Callister. Callister is English cognate of Alexander. Cal is form of Caldwell. Caldwell means Near a Cold Well and Cold Stream is used chiefly in English is originated from Old English.
Cal is variant of Callahan. Callahan means Small Belligerent One is rooted from Irish and Gaelic. Cal is abridged form of Calum. Calum is variant form of virtuous and noteworthy Malcolm.
Calum's meaning is Dove is rooted from Scottish and English is prevalently used in English and Scottish.
How do I pronounce Cal?
The proper pronunciation of one syllabled Cal is cal.
Variants of CalNames that rhyme with Cal
How popular is the name Cal?
Cal was a common name in United States. Over 5516 babies have been named Cal since 1880. When at its peak in 1880,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 138 years but it is still going strong.
In addition to that, the given name has been in Cal is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 2000.
Over 161 babies in England and Wales have been named Cal.
Cal is a common name in Canada while somewhat familiar name in Ghana, Australia, England, India, Cambodia, Brazil, Ireland and South Africa.
According to our research, at least 10000 people have been bestowed Cal around the globe.
Cal in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Cal?
Your failures motivate you. You easily adapt to new environments and want to hang around with new people. You are the most creative person in your surroundings. If letter C is your cornerstone, you have a highly developed intuition. You always watch not to hurt anyone's emotions. Changes don't represent a problem for you. On the contrary, you are all about change. You are strongly interested in exploring scientific fields, mysticism, and philosophy.
Other names liked by would be moms that are similar to Cal
- Ivon - Anomalous Ivon has its origin in Germanic and Celtic is notably used in English, Ivon means "Archer's Bow or Yew Wood was Used for Bows" is aimed at both sexes
- Maël - Loved Maël is used in French and Breton, Maël means "Prince or Lord" used as a baby boy name came from Old Irish and Celtic
- Arthur - Durable and Renowned Arthur is used commonly in Danish and Norwegian aimed at both genders, Arthur means "Rock or Stone" is originated from Celtic and Germanic
- Trefor - The boy name Trefor is especially used in Swedish is of Celtic and Welsh origin, Trefor means "Sea"
- Keveon - Offbeat boy name Keveon means "Gentle Kind, The Beautiful and Gentle" has origin in Celtic. Keveon is resulted from Kevin.
Sibling Names for Cal
If you're considering the name "Cal" for your little one, you might also be searching for sibling names that complement it well. Luckily, there are plenty of options to choose from, whether you want to stick with simple and classic names or go for something more unique and modern. Here are some suggestions to get you started.
Sister to Cal
Names for Cal's brother
Famous people named Cal
- Cal Stewart, pioneer in vaudeville and early sound recordings
- Cal Farley, American professional wrestler and businessman
- Cal Dalton, animator and cartoon director at Warner Bros
- Cal Strong, American water polo player
- Cal Larson, U.S. politician, serving as a Senator
- Cal Langford, Canadian bobsledder
- Cal Ripken Jr., Calvin Edwin Ripken Jr
- Cal Tjader, Tjader, Jr
- Cal Dooley, Democratic member of the United States House of Representatives
- Cal Cunningham, attorney, a Major
- Cal Hubbard, professional American football player and Major League Baseball umpire
- Cal Niday, American racecar driver
- Cal Schenkel, American illustrator, graphic designer
- Cal McVey, professional baseball player during the 1860s and 1870s
- Cal Thomas, American syndicated columnist, pundit
- Cal Ripken Sr., coach and manager in Major League Baseball
- Cal Dodd, Irish-Canadian voice actor and singer
- Cal Ermer, American second baseman, manager
- Cal Eldred, American former professional baseball pitcher in
- Cal Worthington, American car dealer
- Cal Robertson, American actor and cinematographer
- Cal Emery, Major League Baseball first baseman
- Cal Smith, American country musician
- Cal Murphy, Canadian football coach, general manager and scout
- Cal McLish, American professional baseball player and coach
- Cal Jones, college football player for the University of Iowa
- Cal Wilson, New Zealand stand-up comedian
- Cal Lee, assistant head coach for the University of Hawaii football team
- Cal Wells, businessman and former owner of PPI Motorsports
- Cal Henderson, British computer programmer and author based
- Cal Bruton, former player and coach
- Cal Stoll, American football player and coach
- Cal Ramsey, retired American basketball player whose NBA career consisted of thirteen games over the 1959–1960 and 1960–1961 seasons for the St
- Cal Bowdler, retired Irish American professional basketball player
- Cal Sobrepeña, Filipino comics artist
- Cal Abrams, American professional baseball outfielder
- Cal Slayton, American comic book artist and Graphic Designer
- Cal MacAninch, Scottish actor
- Cal Crutchlow, British professional motorcycle road racer
- Cal Langley, fictional character
- Cal Koonce, American professional baseball player
- Cal Clutterbuck, Canadian professional ice hockey right winger and an alternate captain for the New York Islanders of the National Hockey League
- Callie Nicole in A Big Dick for a Cutie 3 as Actress
- Cal Bartlett acted in movie Maverick
- Cal Shrum, from 1946 action and musical movie Swing, Cowboy, Swing, who portrayed the Cal, Rhythm Rangers Band Leader.
- In 1975, Cal Crenshaw played the role of N in drama flick Sensual Encounters.
Lists having Cal
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Gaelic Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Cal
- Baby Names that mean Courageous
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Dog
- Baby Names that mean Short
- Baby Names that mean Beginning