Elie name meaning
On This Page
What does Elie mean?
The widely accepted and venerable unisex name Elie has origin in Hungarian, Hebrew and English which is prevalently used in Norwegian, French, Swedish, English, Danish and Finnish languages, Elie means "Form of Eleanor, Light, My God is Yahweh, God is My Salvation, Exalted or the Superior".
Elie is variant form of lofty Ali. Ali is variation of new-fangled Callister. Also Ali is variation of Names Beginning with Al-. Ali is short form of names with "Al". Also Ali is short form of Alf Or Alexander.
Ali is Greenlandic equivalent of Ale. Of Irish and Arabic origin, Famed and Enduring Ali, Ali means "Excellent, Noble and Feminine of Alexander". Elie is a variant form of acclaimed and evergreen Ellis.
Ellis is variant form of biblical and illustrous Elias. Also Ellis is variant of well-known and long standing Elijah. Ellis is also a variant form of Elisud. Ellis is also version of lofty, ever lasting and biblical Elisa.
Ellis is also a form of biblical and prevalent Elis. Ellis is short version of Elizabeth. Ellis is form of Alice in English language. Also Ellis is equivalent of Alice in Nordic language.
Ellis's meaning is My God is Yahweh and Form of Elijah has its origin in Hebrew and Welsh. Elie is variation of frequently used and conifer Eli. Eli is variation of admired Ali.
Also Eli is form of timeless and trendy Ellis. Eli is abridged form of Elias. Also Eli is diminutive of Eliezer. Eli is also short of Elijah. Eli is also shortened form of Elisha.
Eli is feminine variant of Eli M. Eli is Hebrew and Latin cognate of Names Containing the Hebrew Name Element Eli. Prevailing and Conifer Eli has its origin in Hungarian and Hebrew, Eli means "Ascend, Elevation and Height".
Elie is shortened form of Elias. Elias is equivalent of Elijah in Italian language. Elias is also Latin cognate of Ilias. Elias is also equivalent of Helge in Latin language. Elias's meaning is Name of One Prophet and God is My Salvation came from Hebrew and English.
Elie is abridged form of Elijah. Elijah is English equivalent of Elias. Widely Accepted and Enduring Elijah has its origin in Hebrew, Elijah means "My God is Yahweh and Sweet". Elie is celebrated on July 20th.
Is Elie a pleasant name for a baby?
Elie is a unique and charming name for baby boys. It has a gentle and soft sound, making it a perfect choice for parents who want to give their child an elegant name.
Elie has a strong biblical origin, as it means "the Lord is my God" in Hebrew, which makes it a powerful yet humble name that can inspire your child to live up to its meaning.
It's easy to pronounce and spell, making it ideal for parents who don't want their child's name to cause any confusion or mispronunciations. Overall, Elie is an attractive and meaningful name that can bring joy and pride to any family.
How do I pronounce Elie?
The two syllabled name Elie is pronounced, e-lie.
Variants of ElieNames that rhyme with Elie
How popular is the name Elie?
Elie was a popular name in France. Over 43767 babies have been given the moniker in 169 years. At its zenith in 1902, the moniker grabbed the 46th spot and 880 baby boys were given the name.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 169 years. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 12 times Elie is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 500 names.
In 1886, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 491 on boy names chart when 56 babies were given the name Elie. Over 3076 babies in United States have been named Elie.
Elie is a unique baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 391 on boy names chart when 29 babies were named Elie.
Over 474 people have been named Elie in Belgium. Elie is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 26 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 3000.
Over 114 people have been named Elie in England and Wales. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 2002 and achieved its top ranking of 428 in 2005. There are over 158 babies that have been given the name Elie in Switzerland.
However things change on global perspective, Elie is extremely popular in DR Congo where every 1 in 700 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Madagascar, Burundi, Cameroon, Haiti, Rwanda, Chad, Guinea, Benin, Burkina Faso and Israel.
According to our research, at least 330000 people have been bestowed Elie around the globe.
Elie in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Elie
Nothing escapes your eye, your sense of smell is highly developed, such as your sense of touch. Number 3 as a personality no represents creativity, passion, extravagance, and positivity. Sometimes, you act like a control freak. You are co-operative, caring and courteous individual. You like people too but prefer your solitude. You are pretty, smart and charismatic, you still doubt yourself. You can hardly resist a temptation, a trait which affects your relationships in a negative way.
Other names liked by would be moms that are similar to Elie
- Imani - Used majorly in Sindhi, Tamil and Arabic frequently used, Imani is used as a gender-neutral name, Imani means "Honest or Faith" is of Arabic, Swahili and African-Swahili origin. In 2014, prevailing name Imani managed to bag 500th position on the list of baby girl names in United States
- Elvira - Celebrated and Ceaseless Elvira came from Arabic, Gothic and Germanic, meaning of Elvira is "Al Meaning All or Impartial Judgement" and is aimed at both sexes is mostly used in Swedish and Faroese
- Nicolette - Widespread unisex name Nicolette means "Victory of the People" and rooted from Old Greek is used in Swedish, French and Norwegian
- Selma - Unfading and Well-Liked Selma is used mostly in Sanskrit, Telugu and Gujarati, Selma means "Divinely Protected, Sacrifice or Safe" is a gender-neutral name has its origin in Germanic and Arabic
- Tisha - Meaning of Tisha is Frighten or Be Nervous has origin in English-American and Latin and is used for girls is particulary used in Arabic and Gujarati
Middle names for Elie
These are some of the daring and loveable options for Elie middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Elie.
Sibling Names for Elie
Looking for the perfect sibling names to go with Elie? We've got you covered! From classic and timeless to unique and modern, this list has something for everyone. Take a look at our top picks for sibling names that complement Elie beautifully.
For a sister
For a brother
Famous people named Elie
- Elie Aron Cohen, He arrived there on September 16, 1943
- Elie Nadelman, Polish-American sculptor
- Elie Kedourie, British historian of the Middle East
- Elie Siegmeister, American composer, educator and author
- Elie Carafoli, accomplished Romanian engineer and aircraft designer
- Elie Radu, distinguished Romanian artisan and civil engineer
- Elie Keyrouz, Lebanese Maronite politician and a member of the Lebanese Forces party
- Elie Mechantaf, retired Lebanese professional basketball player and widely regarded as one the greatest
- Elie Wiesel, Romanian-born American Jewish writer, professor
- Elie Hobeika, Lebanese Phalangist and Lebanese Forces commander during the Lebanese Civil War
- Elie Martel, former politician in Ontario, Canada
- Elie Saab, Lebanese fashion designer
- Elie A. F. La Vallette, was one of the first rear admirals appointed in the United States Navy when Congress created the rank
- Elie Abel, Canadian-American journalist, author and academic
- Elie Ikangu, football midfielder
- Elie Onana, Cameroonian professional footballer
- Elie Aiboy, former Indonesian football player
- Elie Tahari, Iranian Israeli fashion designer
- Actor Elie Adabachi, well-known for movie West Beirut
- In 2015 comedy, drama film, God of Happiness, Elie James Blezes played Ngudu.
Lists having Elie
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Hungarian Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Eli
- Girl names that ends with -lie
- Popular Boy Names in France (1945)
- Baby Names that mean Eleanor
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Salvation
- Baby Names that mean Exalted
- Baby Names that mean Superior