Else name meaning
On This Page
What does Else mean?
Else's meaning is My God is Abundance, My God has Sworn, God is Fullness or My God is Perfect has origin in Germanic and Hebrew, primarily used in Scandinavian, Dutch, Greenlandic, Danish, Finnish, English, Swedish, Norwegian and German is given to baby girls..
Else is German form of Alice. Also Else is German, Dutch and English form of Elisabeth. Also Else is German, Dutch and English form of Elizabeth. Also Else is equivalent of Elsa in Scandinavian and German languages.
Also Else is equivalent of Elisabet in German and Danish languages. Else is celebrated on November 17th.
How do I pronounce Else?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Else as e-lse. It can also be pronounced as el-se.
Variants of Else
Elisheba, Elsita, Eloise, Alice, Elisabeth, Elizabeth, Elsa, Elisabet, Adalheidis, Adaliz, Adelais, Aliz, Adelice, Lisa, Aleka, Alycia, Alicemarie, Elisabett, Annalies, Alizabeth, Eilis, Elza, Annaelizabeth, Elizabethmarie, Ellsa, Elsi, Els, Elisabed
How popular is the name Else?
Else is a familiar baby name in France, it had been in use since 1900 and was last seen in 2010, during its 32 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 300 names.
In 1904, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 240 on girl names chart when 60 babies were given the name Else. Over 866 people have been named Else in France.
Else is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 63 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 493 people have been named Else in United States.
Else is a rare baby name in England and Wales where it may not be used now. But Else is a popular baby name in Germany where every 1 in 2000 have the name.
According to our findings, at least 150000 people have been bestowed Else around the globe.
Else in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Else
Achieving inner peace and harmony in life is what's most important to you. You know yourself so well, that you always find a way to keep yourself amused. You can become a great leader if you want. The question is how do you want to succeed in life? If someone surprises you in a positive way, that's fine. But it will take long until they earn your trust and full respect. But you shouldn't because you are a great person with an amazing mind that's capable of achieving great things.
Other names liked by would be parents that are similar to Else
- Carolien - Girl name Carolien is rooted from Old High German and Germanic especially used in Dutch and Swedish languages, Carolien means "Husband or Man"
- Beno - Unheard-of Beno majorly is used in German, Hungarian and Dutch has origin in Hebrew and Germanic aimed at boys, meaning of Beno is "Blessed"
- Tako - Tako's meaning is People is of Aramaic origin which is chiefly used in Frisian and Dutch is aimed at boys
- Lotti - Unheard-of and Modern girl name Lotti is used majorly in German, Swedish and Norwegian, meaning of Lotti is "Husband or Man" is of Old High German, English and Germanic origin
- Melena - Meaning of Melena is Native of Magdala used for girls and is used mostly in Dutch and Slavic is originated from Old Greek and Latin
Sibling Names for Else
If you're considering naming your baby girl Else, you might be looking for sibling names that complement her unique and beautiful name. We've compiled a list of names that pair well with Else, from classic options to trendy choices. Take a look and find inspiration for your little one's perfect moniker!
Names for Else's sister
Brother for Else
Famous people named Else
- Else von Richthofen, was one of the first female social scientists
- Else Hirsch, Jewish teacher in Bochum, Germany
- Else Reppen, Norwegian philanthropist
- Else Holmelund Minarik, American author of more than 40 children's books
- Else Feldmann, Austrian writer, playwright, poet
- Else Frenkel-Brunswik, Polish-Austrian Jewish psychologist
- Else Sehrig-Vehling, German expressionist
- Else Krüger, She was born in Hamburg-Altona
- Else Alfelt, Danish artist
- Else Lasker-Schüler, Jewish German poet and playwright famous for her bohemian lifestyle
- Else Christensen, Danish proponent of the modern Pagan new religious movement of Heathenry
- Else Bugge Fougner, Norwegian lawyer and a politician for the Conservative Party
- Else Meidner, German-Jewish painter
- Else Mayer, German nun and women's liberation activist during the period of first-wave feminism
- Else Argal acted in movie Club de femmes
- Else Berna, from 1920 drama and horror movie Satanas, who portrayed Lucrezia Borgia.
- In 1919, Else Bäck portrayed the role of Frau von Wiedberg in comedy film Eine Nacht, gelebt im Paradiese.
- Else Bötticher played the significant role of Ida in 1919 drama film Frau Hempels Tochter.
- Else Colber played the vital role of Grethe Berg in 1946 comedy, romance movie Op med lille Martha.
- Else Elster portrayed leading role of Irene von Hellberg in 1932 horror flick Geheimnis des blauen Zimmers.
- In 1918 romance flick, Præstens Datter, Else Frölich portrayed Mrs. Linde.
- In 1931 drama film, Tropennächte, Else Heller characterized Frau Schomberg.
- Else Hvidhøj, from 1959 comedy, family film Far til fire på Bornholm, who portrayed the Søs.
- In 1934 comedy and crime movie, Lynet, Else Jarlbak played Margot Lind.
- Else Knott, from 1955 comedy movie Die Familie Hesselbach im Urlaub, who characterized Mutter Hesselbach.
- In 1935 movie, Er weiß was er will, Else Kündinger characterized Seine Frau.
- In 1937, Else Lord played the role of Frau Schulz in drama, musical film Sprung ins Glück.
- In 1932 comedy, musical flick, Ein Prinz verliebt sich, Else Reval portrayed N.
- In 1925 comedy movie, Grønkøbings glade gavtyve, Else Skouboe characterized Helga hans datter.
- In 1946 comedy, crime film, Peter Voss, der Millionendieb, Else von Möllendorff played Polly Petterson.
- Else Waldmann characterized the central role of N in 1915 film Problematische Naturen.
- Else Budde, from 1943 drama flick Sangen til livet, who portrayed Eli, hans hustru.
- Else Roscher, from 1919 drama movie Frühlingsrausch, who portrayed N.
- In 1914, Else Eckersberg played the role of N In movie Die Marketenderin.
- In 1921 film, Eine Frau mit Vergangenheit, Else Hess portrayed N.
- Else Bodenheim, from 1920 action, drama movie Der gelbe Gaukler, who characterized the Medium.
- In 1913, Else Wannovius characterized the role of Clara Brummer in flick Die blaue Maus.
- In 1921 flick, Der Ausgestoßene, Else Reil characterized Vroni.
Lists having Else
- Biblical Girl Names
- Girl names beginning with E
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Dutch Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in Norway (1937)
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Abundance
- Baby Names that mean Sworn
- Baby Names that mean Fullness
- Baby Names that mean Perfect