Juno name meaning
On This Page
What does Juno mean?
The curious unisex name Juno is substantially used in German, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, English and Finnish, Juno means "June or Young" is rooted from Latin and Celtic. Juno is variation of Úna.
Meaning of Úna is Lamb is rooted from Celtic is used in Finnish, Swedish and Icelandic. Juno is Finnish form of Jon.
Is Juno suitable to use as a baby name?
Juno is a baby girl name of Latin origin that has gained popularity in recent years. It is associated with royalty and power, as it means "queen of heaven".
Juno has an elegant and regal sound to it, making it a unique choice for parents who want a name with a touch of sophistication. Additionally, Juno has an interesting cultural significance as the Roman goddess of marriage and childbirth.
With its strong history and symbolism, Juno is a distinct choice for parents looking for a baby girl name that stands out from the crowd.
How do I pronounce Juno?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Juno as j(u)-no. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., joo-no.
Variants of Juno
June, Úna, Junia, Juni, Jon, Jehanne, Ieuan, Johanan, John, Jona, Ión, Jonas, Jone, Jonny, Jonanthony, Juin, Junerose, Iunia, Juny, Johanna, Jeanne, Ivan, Johannes, Hanan, Dejohn, Gianni, Jackie, Yanis, Aaronjohn, John Paul, Jonette, Jonah, Jonathan, Ióhan, Johnas, Yonah, Jöns, Jondine, Jonni, Jonna, Johnny
How popular is the name Juno?
Juno is a common name in United States given to over 964 babies in 37 years. Recently the moniker is on a rise, in 2018, it ranked 1841st when 109 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Also, Juno was a common name in England and Wales. Over 667 babies have been named Juno since 1996. When at its peak in 2018,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Juno is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 500 names. Recently in 2016, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 481 on girl names chart when 26 babies were named Juno.
The moniker is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. Also, it is uncommon in France, where it has been in use since 1998 and peaked in 2016 when it ranked 1747th.
Over 135 babies in France have been named Juno. In Switzerland, it is relatively new, first appeared in 1998. In Belgium, it has been in use since 1999 and achieved its top ranking of 521 in 2016.
Over 171 babies in Belgium have been named Juno.
Also, Juno is a familiar name in Japan, Philippines, India, Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, Haiti, DR Congo, China and Canada. As per our findings, over 3000 babies have been bestowed Juno around the globe.
Juno in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Juno
You keep following your heart in order to avoid disappointment and solitude. Follow your dreams, not cash. You never allow yourself to explore your options, do whatever the hell you want to do at the moment, and act as you feel, and not as others expect you to act. Perhaps it's because you are so kind it makes selfish and evil people sick. To live the life you want, you have to work hard and put your best effort.
Do you like Juno? Read these names too
- Mirle - Pleasing Mirle is used dominantly in Finnish is rooted from Latin, French and Hebrew is given to girls. Mirle is form of Mirjam in German language
- Maryel - Meaning of Maryel is Beautiful and Drop is of Celtic, French and Hebrew origin is used as a baby girl name. Maryel is derivation of Mariel.
- Rosling came from Celtic, meaning of Rosling is "A Little Red-Haired Boy" is aimed at boys. Rosling is resulted from Roslin.
- Shannon - Frequently Used and Venerable unisex name Shannon came from Celtic, English and Old Irish which is notably used in Hindi and English languages, meaning of Shannon is "River of Wisdom, Small or Wise or Old River"
- Neelie - Meaning of Neelie is Diminutive of Cornelia or Horn is of Celtic and Old French origin, used commonly in English is given to both genders
Famous people named Juno
- Juno Doran, visual and sound artist based in North Dorset
- Juno Reactor, musical and performing group
- Juno Mak, Hong Kong singer, record producer, actor
- Juno, American indie rock band formed in Seattle in 1995
- Juno Roxas, Australian musician and actor
- Juno Falls, modern folk pop band comprising songwriter/frontman Myles O Reilly and his band
- Juno Temple, English actress
Lists having Juno
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Young