Maris name meaning
What does Maris mean?
Maris's meaning is Calf or Star of the Sea used for both sexes that originated from Hebrew, English, Latin, Italian and Old Greek is primarily used in Norwegian, Spanish, English, Swedish, Finnish and Danish. Maris is version of biblical, persistent and dominant Mary. Mary is equivalent of Maria in English language. Also Mary is English form of Maria. Curious Mary has its origin in Egyptian and Hebrew, Mary means "Wished-for Child, Sea of Bitterness and Bitter". Maris is diminutive of Marian. Marian is a form of venerable, trendy and biblical Marion. Also Marian is variant of prevailing and biblical Mary. Marian is also variant of eternal and prevailing Maryann. Marian is also form of everlasting and commonly accepted Marianne. Marian is also variant of Marianus. Marian is effeminate version of Marianus. Also Marian is feminine version of Marius. Marian is English form of Marion. Meaning of Marian is Of the Clan Marius and Grace came from Hebrew and Latin. Also Maris is Nordic form of Marius.
How does Maris sound as a baby name?
Maris is a beautiful and unique name for a baby girl that draws its origin from Latin. It has a connection with the sea, evoking images of calmness, strength, and tranquillity. The name Maris is rare, and it carries an aura of sophistication and refinement that sets it apart from other popular names. It sounds melodic yet distinctive, making it an excellent choice for parents who are looking for something different but not too unusual. Maris has a timeless quality to it that will suit a baby girl throughout her life, regardless of her age or personality. Overall, Maris is a charming name that conveys elegance and peacefulness in equal measures.
How do I pronounce Maris?
Two syllabled Maris is pronounced as m(a)-ris.
Variants of Maris
Marice, Mary, Maria, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Maaria, Marielle, Mai, Mara, Marea, Adamary, Marigrace, Marise, Marisol, Marisa, Adamaris, Adah, Adiel, Agda, Ada, Mario, Marius, Marianus, Mark, Demario, Marion, DamarioNames that rhyme with Maris
How popular is the name Maris?
Maris is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1912 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1939, it ranked 1160th when 63 girl were named Maris. There are over 2540 babies that have been given the name Maris in United States. Maris is a rare baby name in England and Wales however it is still in use. But Maris is a popular baby name in Latvia where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in Nigeria. According to our estimate, over 30000 babies have been named Maris globally.
Maris in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Maris
Work on your self-confidence and find your own purpose. Your friends have a hard time decoding your mood. When it comes to love, you can't stand a monogamous relationship. You love people with an attitude but open to discussion and hearing new opinions. However, you live by other people's rules and social restrictions which is not good for you. You never take a leap of faith but do things with a plan.
Other names similar to Maris
- Emmelyne - Creative and adventurous and Modernistic Emmelyne came from Germanic, German and Latin is used prevalently in English, meaning of Emmelyne is "Home or Sweet" is used as a baby girl name
- Vlas - Boy name Vlas is mostly used in Russian, meaning of Vlas is "Lisping" has its origin in Latin and Slavonic
- Karstin - Admired Latin Karstin is a unisex name is used majorly in Faroese and Swedish. Karstin is equivalent of Karsten in Faroese language
- Remigio - Meaning of Remigio is Rower or Oarsman used for boys has its origin in Latin is mainly used in Spanish and Portuguese
- Nicky means Victory or People or Abbreviation of Nicholas is used as a unisex name which is chiefly used in Danish, English and Norwegian is of Old Greek and Latin origin
Famous people named Maris
- Maris Martinsons, professor of management currently associated with the City University of Hong Kong
- Maris Cakars, is best known as having served as editor of WIN Magazine
- Maris Soule, American author of romance and romantic suspense novels
- Maris Wrixon, American film and television actress
- Marisela Berti in Doña Bárbara as Actress
- Marissa Mutascio in It Plays Like Love as Actress
- Marissa Borsetto in Trophy Wife as Costume Designer
- Mariselle Morales in Fast Five as Actress
- Marisa Sistach in Nadie te oye: Perfume de violetas as Director
- Marisol Barradas in El rey de la playa as Actress
- Marisabel García in Tortilla Soup as Actress
- Marissa Lichwick in Ambush Predator as Actress
- Maristela Moreno in Aluga-se Moças 2 as Actress
- Maris Verpakovskis is a former Latvian football player and his last club was FK LiepÄ jas Metalurgs of the Virsliga.
- Maris J. Caune acted in movie Dope
- Maris Liepa characterized significant role of N in 1971 drama movie Mogila lva.
- In 1988, Maris Andersons played the role of N in drama movie O lyubvi govorit' ne budem.
Lists having Maris
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Mari
- Boy names that ends with -ris
- Baby Names that mean Calf
- Baby Names that mean Star
- Baby Names that mean Sea