Alma name meaning
What does Alma mean?
Origin of Eminent and Enduring Alma is in Italian, Gothic, Latin, Greek and Spanish is primarily used in German, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Arabic, Greenlandic, Marathi, Hindi, Latin, Swedish, Faroese, Spanish and Norwegian is a gender-neutral name, meaning of Alma is "Nourishing Soul, With Dark Red Lips, All Good, Giving Nurture, Kind, Brave, Scholarly, Educated, Princess, Seawater, Young Woman, Nourishing, Capable, The Word Alma with the Meaning Soul or Apple"... The name is celebrated on August 1st.
Variants of Alma
View middle names that goes with Alma like Eunice, Raegan, Rachelle, Christiane, Indy, Kadie,Names that rhyme with Alma
How popular is the name Alma?
Alma was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 161531 babies have been given the given name. When at its peak in 1896, it ranked 51st when 3650 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 273 years. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 48 times Also, a popular name in Spain having over 9514 recievers in 9 years of usage. At the peak of its usage in 2019, the moniker grabbed the 15th spot and 1650 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 5 times Also, a popular name in Sweden having over 3499 recievers in 10 years of usage. When at its peak in 2015, the moniker grabbed the 17th spot and 533 baby girls were given the name. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 7 times
Alma is common in England and Wales where over 825 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. At present peaked at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 362nd spot and 127 baby girls were given the name. Also, Alma is a common name in France given to over 2962 babies in 75 years. Currently peaked at the charts, it ranked 154th when 400 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Alma is common in Denmark where over 2931 new-borns have been given the name since 2004. At its zenith in 2014, it ranked 11st when 355 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 11 times
Alma is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. Recently in 2017, 65 babies were given Alma and it reached its peak ranking, 117 on girl names chart. Over 699 babies in Switzerland have been named Alma. In Ireland, Alma is a unique name where it had been in use since for 19 from 1968 to 1989 and had secured the place in top 300 names. In 1978, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 204 on girl names chart when 27 babies were named Alma. Over 309 people have been named Alma in Ireland. Also, in Netherlands, in just 3 years, it has made it to the top 400 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 373 on girl names chart when 35 babies were named Alma. Also, in Belgium, the name has been in use since 2004 and has secured the place in top 400 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 386 on girl names chart when 26 babies were named Alma. Over 183 babies in Belgium have been named Alma.
However things change on global perspective, Alma is extremely popular in Mexico where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in Philippines. Also the baby name is popular in Guatemala, Honduras, Germany, England, Albania, Kazakhstan, El Salvador, India, Italy, Bangladesh, Lithuania and Canada. According to our research, over 980000 babies have been named Alma globally.
Alma in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Alma?
Make people feel responsible for their actions so they wouldn't hurt someone else the same way again. You are hard to figure. You are a child of change. Having the letter A as your capstone reveals your true personality. What truly matters is love, friends, family and inner peace and joy. The rest is temporary. You have an artistic soul and see yourself as the hero in every situation. You like to take safe risks.
Do you like Alma? Other names you would love
- Yahya - Prominent Yahyas origin is Hebrew and Arabic is a unisex name, meaning of Yahya is "God is Gracious, To Give Someone a Long Life or A Prophet's Name" is used in Norwegian, Finnish and Danish
- Kabeesha - Principally used in Arabic and Tamil, Kabeesha bestowed upon girls, meaning of Kabeesha is "This was the Name of a Poetess or Daughter of Al-waqa (an)"
- Yaqeen - Used prevalently in Sindhi and Arabic recent and uncommon, Yaqeen means "Belief" is a gender-neutral name
- Kaheesha means Poetess or Daughter of Al-waqa is prevalently used in Arabic and Sindhi is used for baby girls
- Ahmad - Popular unisex name Ahmad has origin in Arabic and is particulary used in Danish, Kannada and Norwegian languages, Ahmad means "Most Rented, One of Many Names of the Prophet Muhammad or The Word Hamida Which is of the Meaning to Praise to Commend to Thank". Widely Accepted name Ahmad managed to bag 482nd position on baby boy names chart in 2009 in United States
Famous people named Alma
- Alma Guillermoprieto, Mexican journalist
- Alma Fahlstrøm, well known Norwegian stage actress
- Alma Preinkert, registrar at the University of Maryland before being murdered by an intruder at her Washington
- Alma Evans-Freke, New Zealand television personality, actor
- Alma Théon, occultist and wife and co-worker of Max Théon
- Alma Johansson, Swedish missionary
- Alma Rosé, Austrian violinist of Jewish descent
- Alma Murray, English actress
- Alma Adamkienė, Lithuanian-American philologist and philanthropist
- Alma Mahler, Viennese-born composer, author
- Alma Reville, English-American screenwriter and editor, best
- Alma Adams, American politician
- Alma Richards, American athlete
- Alma Gluck, Romanian-born American soprano
- Alma Cogan, English singer of traditional pop music
- Alma Bridwell White, founder and a bishop of the Pillar of Fire Church
- Alma Bella, Filipino silent film actress
- Alma Rubens, American film actress and stage performer
- Alma Thomas, African-American Expressionist painter and art educator best
- Alma Alexander, a fantasy writer whose novels include the "Worldweavers" young adult series
- Alma Moreno, Filipina actress and politician
- Alma Powell, American audiologist and the wife of military and political figure Colin Powell
- Alma Wheeler Smith, politician from the U.S. state of Michigan
- Alma Hunt, Bermudian and Scottish cricketer
- Alma Birk, Baroness Birk, British journalist
- Alma Cuervo, American stage actress and singer
- Alma Routsong,
- Alma Matrecito in Gran lanzamiento as Actress
- Alma Ferovic in RockStar as Soundtrack
- Alma Pöysti in Vuosaari as Actress
- Alma Arnal in Simon as Actress
- Almaz Böhm in Mr. Karl - Ein Mensch für Menschen as
- Alma Bennett in The Lost World as Actress
- Alma Beltran was a Mexican-American actress of cinema, television, and theater.
- Actor Alma Rosa Aguirre, renowned for movie El fantasma de la casa roja
- Alma Blanca portrayed the central role of Suzanne in 1958 comedy film Vrijgezel met 40 kinderen.
- Alma Carroll, from 1942 music, western flick Pardon My Gun, who portrayed Dodie Cameron.
- Alma Chester characterized small character of Ma Stoddard in 1931 action and adventure film Sundown Trail.
- In 1953, Alma De Río portrayed the role of N in drama flick Vortice.
- In 1924 western movie, The Lone Hand Texan, Alma Deer portrayed N.
- Alma Du Bus played critical role of N in 1964 drama flick In His Steps.
- In 1946, Alma Flora characterized the role of N in drama film Sob a Luz de Meu Bairro.
- In 1924, Alma Francis played the role of Julia Crossland In movie Love Letters.
- Alma Delia Fuentes characterized vital role of Martha in 1952 drama flick Mi esposa y la otra.
- Alma Hanlon, from 1917 mystery movie The Mystic Hour, who portrayed Margaret.
- Alma Hinding portrayed leading role of Else Rosegger in 1918 drama film Glædens Dag.
- In 1936 comedy and crime film, The Big Noise, Alma Lloyd played Betty Trent.
- Alma Rock Phillips characterized the leading role of N in 1916 action, adventure movie In the Last Stride.
- In 1993, Alma Prica played the role of Dora Pejacevic in biography and drama flick Kontesa Dora.
- In 1927, Alma Rayford portrayed the role of Sue Conway in action and adventure flick Between Dangers.
- Alma Real played small character of N in 1931 action and adventure movie Yankee Don.
- Alma Taylor portrayed central character of Iris in 1916 drama, romance flick Iris.
- Alma Zinska portrayed key character of N in 1923 flick Almas perdidas.
- In 2011, Alma Zack characterized the role of Dikla Shkolnik in comedy, drama movie Hearat Shulayim.
- Alma Sewell played vital character of N in 1926 drama film The Conjure Woman.
- Alma Soriano, from 1998 action, drama movie Sugat sa puri, who characterized the N.
- Alma Jodorowsky, from 2011 crime and romance flick Eyes Find Eyes, who played Estelle.
- In 1912 drama film, Den kvindelige Spion fra Balkan, Alma Lagoni played Wania.
Lists having Alma
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Gothic Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1927)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Denmark (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Denmark (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Soul
- Baby Names that mean Dark
- Baby Names that mean Red
- Baby Names that mean Good
- Baby Names that mean Giving
- Baby Names that mean Kind
- Baby Names that mean Brave
- Baby Names that mean Princess
- Baby Names that mean Young
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Capable