Harper meaning and origin
Originated from Old English, Popular and Ceaseless Harper means "Harpist, Minstrel, Maker or Pretty", a gender-neutral name is used prevalently in English, Hindi, Marathi and Malayalam.
Variants of HarperNames that rhyme with Harper
Popularity of Harper
Harper was among the n extremely popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1881 around 86589 babies have been given the first name. When at its peak in 2018, 10733 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 9th position. However after 172 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 10 baby names 3 times Also, Harper was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 7383 babies have been given the first name in 35 years. At the peak of its usage in 2018, it ranked 27th when 1796 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 35 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 3 times
A common name in Ireland with over 544 new-borns have been given the name since 2009. Currently at its peak, the moniker grabbed the 53rd spot and 112 baby girls were given the name. Also, Harper is a common name in New South Wales given to over 2270 babies in 9 years. Currently the name is hotter than ever, it ranked 9th when 325 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, A common name in Queensland with over 1821 new-borns have been given the name since 2010. Currently peaked at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 7th spot and 259 baby girls were given the name. Also, Harper used to be a common name in Western Australia, first appeared in 2016 and over 577 babies have been given the name in 4 years. When at its peak in 2018,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 4 years but it is still going strong. Additionally, the name has been in the top 10 baby names 4 times Also, Harper used to be a common name in Victoria, first appeared in 2010 and over 1803 babies have been given the name in 10 years. At the peak of its usage in 2019,. However after 10 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong.
Harper is an uncommon baby name in France where it has been in use since 2012 and peaked in 2018 when it ranked 1517th. There are over 142 babies that have been given the name Harper in France. Harper is a rare baby name in Belgium where it is still in use. According to our research, at least 100000 people have been bestowed Harper around the globe.
What numerology tells about Harper?
You are enthusiastic, always do something productive, however, you lack creativity. In order to refuel your soul with creativity, travel, or do something unusual for you. You are a walking motivation and inspire people to take control over their lives and make the best of themselves. You are a free-spirited fellow with a wild heart. Others wonder how you handle everything so good. Your secret hides in your everyday routine.
Looking for a name like Harper? Please go through the following names
- Nellie - Mainly used in Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish long standing and illustrous, Nellie has its origin in Old Greek, Greek and Latin is a gender insensitive name, meaning of Nellie is "Sun Burst or The Bright One". Prominent Nellie ranked at 498 position in 1959 among baby girl names in United States
- Lena - Persistent and Preeminent Lena mostly is used in Kannada and Finnish, meaning of Lena is "Torch, Woman of Magdala or Moonlight" given to both genders has its origin in Hebrew and Old Greek
- Aurora - Meaning of Aurora is Dawn is originated from Latin bestowed upon both boys and girls is used largely in Romanian, Danish and Finnish
- Caroline - Eminent and All time favorite unisex name Caroline means "The Word Karl with the Meaning Man Free Man, Carl or Little" which is commonly used in Norwegian, German and English has origin in Germanic and Old High German
- Spencer - Meaning of Spencer is Provisioner, Administrators or Steward Dispenser of Supplies is used especially in English which originated from Old French is a unisex name
Namesakes of Harper
- Harper Lee, American novelist widely
- Harper Goff, American artist, musician, and actor
- Harper, American publishing house
- Harper Allen, Canadian writer of contemporary and fantasy romance novels since 1998
- Harper Perennial, paperback imprint of the publishing house HarperCollins Publishers
- Harper Simon, American singer-songwriter, guitarist and producer
- Harper LeBel, former professional tight end
- Harper Eden White in Sweet Caroline as Actress
- Harper Steed in Members Only as Actress
- Harper Gruzins in Animal Adoption PSA as Actress
- Harper Hughes in James Deen's Sex Tapes: Hotel Sex as Actress
- Harper Williams Harper Terry Williams, better known as Harper Williams is a former American basketball player.
- Writer Harper Barnes, famous for movie The Gateway Arch: A Reflection of America
- In 1951, Harper Carter portrayed the role of Chip Martin in action and adventure film Gunplay.
Lists having Harper
- Boys names beginning with H
- Girls names beginning with H
- English Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Boy names that starts with Har
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Pretty
- Baby Names that mean Maker
- Baby Names that mean One