Wilhelmine meaning and origin
Dominantly used in Norwegian, Danish, German, Finnish and Swedish venerable and celebrated, Wilhelmine is rooted from Germanic and Old High German and is given to baby girls, meaning of Wilhelmine is "Will and Helmet, Desire or Composition". Wilhelmine is a variation of darling and perennial Wilhelmina. Wilhelmina is German equivalent of William. Also Wilhelmina is German equivalent of Wilhelma. Illustrous and Vintage Wilhelmina's origin is Germanic and Old High German, meaning of Wilhelmina is "Helmet, Desire and Protection and Will and Helmet".. Wilhelmine is celebrated on the 10 of January.
Variants of WilhelmineNames that rhyme with Wilhelmine
Popularity of Wilhelmine
Wilhelmine is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1900 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1902, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 310 on girl names chart when 32 babies were named Wilhelmine. Over 483 babies in France have been named Wilhelmine. The name is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 48 years of usage and 519 bearers, the name could just made to the top 583 names in 1884 before vanishing in 1937. There are over 519 babies that have been given the name Wilhelmine in United States.
But Wilhelmine is a popular baby name in Germany where every 1 in 7000 have the name. As per our findings, over 20000 people has been named Wilhelmine globally.
Wilhelmine in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Wilhelmine
You are not much into hanging around and wasting time with people. You want to do everything as planned in life. You need to acquire personal independence and hit the road of success. You lack adventure. You want a stable, deep connection with people. You are born for so much more than you think. You prefer to enjoy solitude because it's when your creativity strikes in. You always give the best ideas at work but lack of ideas when it comes to your personal life.
Other names similar to Wilhelmine, for would be parents
- Pier - Uncommon unisex name Pier has its origin in Greek and Old Greek which is used principally in Norwegian, Finnish and Dutch languages, Pier means "Rock or Rock"
- Viveka - Viveka's meaning is Capacity of Discrimination or Discernment used for both sexes is mostly used in Latin and Kannada
- Zwaantje is used mainly in Finnish and Frisian bestowed upon baby girls, Zwaantje means "Swan"
- Antra - The unisex name Antra is used in Hindi and Gujarati, Antra means "The Second Note in Hindustani Classical Music or Beauty"
- Vali - Dominantly used in Malayalam and Finnish far-out, Vali means "Handsome or Mighty Warrior" used as a gender-neutral name is rooted from Latin and Polynesian-Tongan
Namesakes of Wilhelmine
- Wilhelmine Schröder-Devrient, German operatic soprano
- Wilhelmine of Prussia, Margravine of Brandenburg-Bayreuth, princess of the German Kingdom of Prussia and composer
- Wilhelmine of Prussia, Queen of the Netherlands, first wife of King William I of the Netherlands and so the first Queen of the Netherlands
- Wilhelmine Amalia of Brunswick-Lüneburg, was Holy Roman Empress, Queen of the Germans
- In 1922, Wilhelmine They played the role of N In movie Strandgut der Leidenschaft.
Lists having Wilhelmine
- Girl names beginning with W
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Wil
- Girl names that ends with -ine
- Baby Names that mean Desire
- Baby Names that mean Helmet
- Baby Names that mean Protection