Bella name meaning
On This Page
What does Bella mean?
Prevalent and Ceaseless Bella has its origin in Italian, Hebrew, Latin and Germanic, Bella means "God is Perfection, Or: God is My Oath, God Protects My House or Beautiful" and is used for both genders is commonly used in Norwegian, Italian, Danish, German, Icelandic, Swedish, Finnish, Greenlandic and English.
Bella is form of Bergljot. Bergljot is Norwegian cognate of Bergljót. Also Bergljot is Norwegian form of Bergljótr. Bella is a variation of venerable, admired and biblical Isabella. Isabella is derivation of Elisabeth.
Isabella is Spanish and Italian form of Nebenform Isabel. Also Isabella is equivalent of Elizabeth in Spanish language. Isabella is also Romanian, German and Scandinavian equivalent of Isabel. Isabella is also Portuguese and Spanish cognate of Elisabet.
Originated from Hebrew, Famous and Evergreen Isabella, Isabella means "Consecrated to God, God is Perfection and Pledged to God". Bella is variant form of famed Berit. Berit is form of sacred and admired Birgit.
Also Berit is version of pious and durable Bridget. Berit is also version of Berita. Berit is form of Birgit in Nordic language. Celebrated and Perpetual Berit came from Old Norse and Celtic, meaning of Berit is "The Exalted One"..
Also Bella is equivalent of Annabella in English language. Also Bella is equivalent of Arabella in Scottish and Italian languages. Also Bella is Spanish and Scottish form of Belinda. Also Bella is Spanish form of Elizabeth.
Also Bella is Italian, Hungarian and Russian form of Isabel.. Also Bella is English and Spanish equivalent of Mirabelle. It is celebrated on February 22nd.
Does Bella sound like a good baby name?
Bella is a name that has gained popularity in recent years, particularly for baby girls. The name Bella is derived from Latin and means beautiful.
It's an elegant and timeless name that carries with it a sense of grace and sophistication. Many parents choose this name for their daughters because it's easy to pronounce and spell, while still being unique enough to stand out from other popular names.
This name has also been associated with characters portrayed in popular movies, such as Twilight, which may have contributed to its rise in popularity. Overall, Bella remains a beloved choice among parents looking for a beautiful, classic name that is both simple and elegant.
How do I pronounce Bella?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Bella as bell-ah. The name can also be pronounced as b(el)-la.
Variants of Bella
Beila, Isabella, Bergljot, Berit, Elizabeth, Isabel, Elisabet, Isabellagrace, Bergljót, Bergljótr, Brighid, Brigid, Birgit, Bridget, Berita, Bell, Lucabella, Bellagrace, Lucia, Lucilla, Lucianus, Lucius, Luke, Lucas, Luca, Annabella, Arabella, Belinda, Mirabelle, Amabel, Anna, Anabel, Amabilia, Aarabella, Arabelle, Betlindis, Betlinde, Balina, Belina, Elisheba, Alizabeth, Eilis, Elza, Annaelizabeth, Elizabethmarie, Isabelle, Beileag, Elisa, Izabela, Maribel, Mirabella, Belle
Nicknames for Bella
From ton of nicknames for the given name Bella, we love these names:
How popular is the name Bella?
a very popular name in United States with over 61909 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Recently the moniker is on a rise, in 2010, the moniker grabbed the 48th spot and 5116 baby girls were given the name.
Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 3 times Also, Bella was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 9680 babies have been named Bella since 1996.
At the peak of its usage in 2014, it ranked 52nd when 1141 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts.
Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 100 baby names 8 times
A common name in France with over 1298 new-borns have been given the name since 1904. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 2014, the moniker grabbed the 379th spot and 165 baby girls were given the name.
Also, Bella used to be a common name in New South Wales, first appeared in 2004 and over 1906 babies have been given the name in 16 years. At its zenith in 2007,.
However after 16 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, In Queensland, Bella was once a common name since emerging in 2004 it has been given to over 1498 babies.
When at the peak of its usage in 2009,. However after 16 years, the name is on free fall on the charts.
In Ireland, Bella is a familiar name where it has been in use since 2001 and has secured the place in top 100 names.
Recently in 2019, 78 babies were given Bella and it reached its peak ranking, 75 on girl names chart. Over 518 babies in Ireland have been named Bella. Also, in Netherlands, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 300 names.
Recently in 2018, 65 babies were given Bella and it reached its peak ranking, 209 on girl names chart. Over 232 people have been named Bella in Netherlands. Also, in Victoria, in just 10 years, it has made it to the top 100 names.
In 2012, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 53 on boy names chart when 89 babies were given the name Bella. There are over 680 babies that have been given the name Bella in Victoria.
Bella is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland where it has been in use since 2004 and peaked in 2018 when it ranked 569th. Also, it appeared first time in 2010 on baby girl names list of Belgium.
But Bella is a popular baby name in Russia where every 1 in 6000 have the name as well as in, Cameroon, Philippines, Burundi, Indonesia, Ecuador, Egypt and Uzbekistan. At least, 230000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Bella in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Bella
You appreciate freedom and like to hang around open-minded people without prejudgments about others. You are a person of many talents. Learn how to put your skills and abilities to work and get things done on your own. When it comes to life goals, you are cautious and always plan precisely your next steps. Lower your expectations and give the person you truly like a chance to prove. You are easily adaptable to change but sometimes, you can get comfy in your misery and stay there for a while.
Parents who liked Bella, loved these names
- Florenzia - Florenzia's meaning is Blossoming or Flowering is used especially in German used for baby girls is originated from Latin
- Kristiane - Unusual Kristiane notably is used in Greenlandic, Norwegian and Danish, meaning of Kristiane is "Follower of Christ or Christian" given to baby girls came from Latin
- Kristiana - Queer girl name Kristiana means "Christian or Follower of Christ" and originated from Latin language is used predominantly in Finnish, English and Latvian
- Dominquie - Used primarily in English unusual, Dominquie means "Lord and Offered to the Lord" is originated from Latin is used for both boys and girls. Dominquie is derivative of Dominic.
- Celinda - Celinda's meaning is Moon, Pretty or Light used for baby girls which is used substantially in Swedish, Danish and Finnish is originated from Germanic, Old Greek and Latin
Middle names for Bella
Some great options for well-received and attractive middle names to go with Bella.
View more middle names that goes with Bella.
Sibling Names for Bella
If you're looking for a sibling name that pairs well with the name Bella, we've got you covered! Here are some great options to consider that complement Bella's charm and style. Whether you're expecting a baby boy or girl, these names are sure to inspire and delight.
Sister to Bella
For a brother
Famous people named Bella
- Bella Lewitzky, modern dance choreographer and teacher
- Bella Rosenfeld, Jewish Belarusian writer and the first wife of painter Marc Chagall
- Bella Guerin,
- Bella Abzug, American lawyer, U.S. Representative
- Bella Morte, gothic band that was
- Bella Davidovich, Jewish Soviet-born American pianist
- Bella Akhmadulina, Soviet and Russian poet, short story writer
- Bella Freud, London-based fashion designer
- Bella Darvi, Polish film actress and stage performer
- Bella Dodd, ; 1904
- Bella Emberg, English comedy actress whose television career spanned 60 years
- Bella Kocharyan, wife of former Armenian President Robert Kocharyan and is the former First Lady of Armenia
- Bella Books, small press publisher of lesbian literature based
- Bella and Samuel Spewack, husband-and-wife writing team
- Bella, Canadian indie pop band from Vancouver,
- Bella Thorne, She also portrayed the lead role of Paige Townsen in the Freeform drama series 'Famous
- Bella Vendramini in A Wonderful Day as Actress
- Bella Pussi in My Brother's Wife as Actress
- Bella Abramova is credited as writer of movie Erti nakhvit shekvareba
- In 1942 movie, Intézö úr, Bella Bordy characterized N.
- In 1921 drama movie, Le juge, Bella Darms characterized Régine Orlac.
- In 2011, Bella Esperance played the role of Madam Rita in thriller movie The Perfect House.
- In 1921, Bella Muzsnay characterized the role of N in flick Mikor a szöllö érik.
- Bella Csernell, from 1916 film A Rejtély, who characterized N.
- In 2017 drama movie, Revolver Mind, Bella Merlin played Jenny.
- Bella Adamopoulou, from 1965 drama film Dipsasmeni gi' agapi, who characterized Mairoula.
Lists having Bella
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with B
- Girls names beginning with B
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -ella
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2011)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2018)
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Perfection
- Baby Names that mean Oath
- Baby Names that mean Protects
- Baby Names that mean House
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful