Maira name meaning
What does Maira mean?
Famed Maira's origin is English, Latin, Old Greek and Hebrew is used primarily in Hawaiian, Finnish, English, Swedish, Arabic, Norwegian, Spanish, Irish and Danish, meaning of Maira is "Beloved, Sea of Bitterness, Rebelliousness, Wished for Child, Similar to Mary Bitter, Favorable or Admirable" is a gender-neutral name . Maira is a variant of recently sky-scraping, biblical and imperishable Maria. Maria is derivation of Mary. Maria is form of Mirjam in Greek and Latin languages. Also Maria is Latin and Greek form of Mirjam. Meaning of Maria is The Word Mirjam with the Meaning Bitterness, Sea of Sorrow and Unruly is originated from Hebrew. Maira is Irish form of Mary. Also Maira is Hawaiian equivalent of Myra.
How do I pronounce Maira?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Maira is ma(i)-ra.
Variants of Maira
Maera, Maria, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Maarja, Maraike, Mara, Angelamaria, Maite, Mary, Myra, Maaria, Marielle, Mai, Marea, Adamary, Marigrace, Moira, Maila, MiraNames that rhyme with Maira
How popular is the name Maira?
A common name in United States having over 5928 recievers in 70 years of usage. At present the name is rising, in 1992, it ranked 731st when 290 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Maira is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names. Recently in 2016, 93 babies were given Maira and it reached its peak ranking, 468 on girl names chart. Over 894 babies in England and Wales have been named Maira. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1982 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 2009, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 856 on girl names chart when 55 babies were named Maira. Over 296 babies in France have been named Maira.
Maira is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. Also, it is among the top 400 girl names in Switzerland. Over 208 people have been named Maira in Switzerland. But Maira is a popular baby name in Venezuela where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Mexico, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, Honduras and Pakistan. According to our research, over 120000 babies have been named Maira globally.
Maira in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Maira?
Stop trying and focus on yourself only. Although you play tough all the time, deep inside, there's a sensitive soul capable of love. To have letter A as your capstone in your name indicates your independence and ambitious attitude. You easily adapt to new environments and want to hang around with new people. You are daring and courageous. You are the most self-motivated person you know. You know what they say, life happens while you are too busy making plans.
Do you like Maira? Other names you would love
- Yafiah - Yafiahs origin is Arabic is used prevalently in Kannada, Hindi and Arabic, meaning of Yafiah is "Up High or High" is given to both sexes
- Omaira - Omaira's meaning is Star, Awesome or Red used for girls used primarily in Kannada, Oriya and Hindi is originated from Arabic
- Ahd - Unisex name Ahd means "Knowledge" is used dominantly in Kannada and Arabic
- Arwah - Unisex name Arwah means "More Delicate or Breath of Air" is used dominantly in Arabic and Arabic
- Shajeeah - Principally used in Arabic and Sindhi, Shajeeah means "Brave" is used for girls
Famous people named Maira
- Maira Kalman, Israeli-born American illustrator, writer, artist
- Actor Maira Chasseroux, notable for movie Onde Andará Dulce Veiga?
Lists having Maira
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hawaiian Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Mai
- Girl names that ends with -ira
- Baby Names that mean Beloved
- Baby Names that mean Sea
- Baby Names that mean Bitterness
- Baby Names that mean Rebelliousness
- Baby Names that mean Wished
- Baby Names that mean Child
- Baby Names that mean Mary
- Baby Names that mean Bitter
- Baby Names that mean Admirable