Alka name meaning
What does Alka mean?
The infrequent girl name Alka is used notably in Gujarati, Bengali, Sindhi, Oriya, Telugu, Kannada, Polish, Marathi, Hindi, Malayalam and Tamil, Alka means "Diamond, Lock of Curly Hair or Beauty" is rooted from Germanic and Old Greek. Alka is variant form of persistent and noteworthy Alberta. Alberta is a variant of side Adel Berta. Also Alberta is form of Adalberta. Unorthodox Alberta has its origin in Germanic and Old High German, Alberta means "Honorable, Noble Famous and Form of Albert". Alka is form of all time favorite and mainstream Alexandra. Alexandra is feminine of Alexander. Alexandra's meaning is Defender of Men and To Help came from Old Greek.
How do I pronounce Alka?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Alka as a-lka. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., al-ka.
Variants of Alka
Alberta, Alexandra, Adalbert, Adalbrecht, Adalberta, Alba, Alli, Alandra, Lexia, Aleka, Axelia, Adalberht, Adalberaht, Adelbert, Albana, Albinka, Alba María, Albina, Aurora, Alban, Aelli, Ally, Ali, Alison, Alla, Allandra, Alejandra, Alondra, Lexie, Alexia, Alice, Alika, AxelleNames that rhyme with Alka
How popular is the name Alka?
Alka is an uncommon baby name in United States where it had been in use since 1905 and achieved its top ranking of 1931 in 1905. Over 122 babies in United States have been named Alka. The name is a rare baby name in England and Wales, chances of it being still in use are very slim. But an extremely popular name in India where every 1 in 4000 have the name. As per our evaluation, over 370000 babies have been bestowed Alka around the globe.
Here's what numbers has to say about Alka
You take calculated risks but sometimes you let spontaneity surprise you. Although you play tough all the time, deep inside, there's a sensitive soul capable of love. You never come up with a plan to achieve something but make your way as you go. You find motivation in the most unusual places and people. You don't take love very seriously. Your motto is: be the change you want to see in the world and make a difference while you are alive.
Other names liked by would be parents that are similar to Alka
- Avdotya - Girl name Avdotya is used largely in Russian, meaning of Avdotya is "Delight or Pleasure" is originated from Russian and Old Greek
- Charie - Unfamiliar Charie has its origin in Old Greek language bestowed upon baby girls and is used substantially in English, Charie means "Grace and Charity". Charie is diminutive of Charis.
- Nidia - Meaning of Nidia is Gracious is originated from Old Greek and a girl name is predominantly used in Spanish
- Nicholle - The infrequent girl name Nicholle means "Victory of the People, Victory and People and People of Victory". Its origin is in Old Greek is largely used in English. Nicholle is a spelling variant of Nicole.
- Nicole - Hot and Famed Nicole is used primarily in Icelandic, Finnish and German aimed at both sexes and originated from Old Greek, Nicole means "People of Victory, Female Version of Nicholas or Victory of the People"
Famous people named Alka
- Alka Yagnik, Indian playback singer
- Alka Tomar, Indian wrestler
- Alka Vuica, Croatian singer and songwriter
- Alka Verma in Unforgettable as Actress
- Alka Amin in Dum Laga Ke Haisha as Actress
- Alka Ajith is an Indian singer.
- Alka Mehta is credited as writer of short Akela
- Alka Kapoor, from 1988 drama movie Jai Karoli Maa, who played N.
- In 2002, Alka Kubal characterized the role of N in action movie Owalini.
Lists having Alka
- Girl names beginning with A
- German Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Bengali Girl Names
- Gujarati Girl Names
- Kannada Girl Names
- Malayalam Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Sindhi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Polish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Diamond
- Baby Names that mean Girl
- Baby Names that mean Lovely
- Baby Names that mean Hair
- Baby Names that mean Beauty