Marianne name meaning
What does Marianne mean?
Used especially in Norwegian, German, Greenlandic, Danish, English, Swedish, French and Finnish persistent and prevailing, Marianne aimed at both boys and girls, Marianne means "Bitter, Sea of Bitterness, A Combination of Marie and Anne, Rebelliousnesses Wished for Child, Star of the Sea, Anna, Maria, Sea and Graces, Grace or Mercy" is originated from Hebrew. Marianne is a variation of well-liked and perennial Mariana. Mariana is a version of predominant and venerable Marianne. Mariana is feminine variant of Marianus. Also Mariana is feminine of Marius. Mariana's meaning is Latinate Form of Marian, Star and Sea and Graces came from Latin and Hebrew. Marianne is variant form of recent Mariamne. Mariamne is variant of ever lasting and well-known Miriam. Mariamne is Latin cognate of Greek Μαριαμη a Variant Form of Mariam. Marianne is resultant of Marian. Marian is a variant of evergreen and prevalent Marion. Also Marian is version of pleasing and biblical Mary. Marian is also version of timeless and pleasing Maryann. Marian is also variant of immutable and well-known Marianne. Marian is also version of Marianus. Marian is feminine version of Marianus. Also Marian is effeminate version of Marius. Marian is English cognate of Marion. Marian means Bitter and Sea of Bitterness is rooted from Hebrew and Latin. Marianne is French cognate of Maria. The name is celebrated on July 9th.
How do I pronounce Marianne?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Marianne as m(a)-rianne. Some people pronounce it as mari(an)-ne.
Variants of Marianne
Maiana, Mariamne, Mariana, Miriam, Mamre, Marianus, Marianah, Mariane, Marian, Maria, Mariam, Mirjam, Marion, Mary, Maryann, Maarja, Maraike, Mara, Angelamaria, MaiteNames that rhyme with Marianne
How popular is the name Marianne?
Marianne was a popular name in United States. Over 64912 babies have been named Marianne since 1886. At the peak of its usage in 1957, 3023 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 139th position. After 135 years, the name has past its prime. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names an astounding 63 times Also, Marianne is a popular name in France given to over 39371 babies in 119 years. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 1958, the moniker grabbed the 78th spot and 1010 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 100 baby names 11 times
Marianne is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 502 on girl names chart when 54 babies were named Marianne. Over 801 babies in England and Wales have been named Marianne. The name is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1981, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 193 on girl names chart when 32 babies were named Marianne. There are over 454 babies that have been given the name Marianne in Ireland.
Marianne is an uncommon baby name in Belgium where it has been in use since 1995 and achieved its top ranking of 439 in 1995. Over 142 people have been named Marianne in Belgium. However things change on global perspective, Marianne is extremely popular in Germany where every 1 in 300 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Netherlands, Switzerland, Egypt, Austria, Denmark, Norway, Philippines, Sweden, Canada, England, DR Congo, Madagascar, Finland, Rwanda, Brazil and South Africa. At least, 990000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Marianne in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Marianne?
You don't believe much in love. However, deep inside, you secretly wish to find someone who will prove you wrong. You love life and life loves you. You have a specific taste in people. You don't hang around with just anyone. However, this is why people respect you. Not being focused on building an impressive career doesn't mean you should stay uneducated and blind. It's strange but you enjoy being miserable sometimes.
Go through the following names similar to Marianne
- Aniya - Trendy Hebrew and Polish Aniya bestowed upon both sexes used primarily in Kannada, Bengali and Arabic, meaning of Aniya is "Concern, Creative or Loving". Trendy Aniya ranked at 456 position in 2012 among girl names in United States
- Marylou - Pleasing and Conifer Hebrew, English and German Marylou means "Illustrious or Fighting, Struggle or Mary" and is primarily used in English and German is used for baby girls
- Taryn - Noteworthy Taryn chiefly is used in English and Hindi, meaning of Taryn is "Land of Owen or Tara" which originated from Old Greek and English is a gender-neutral name
- Sharlene - Majorly used in English eminent, Sharlene has origin in English and Germanic, a baby girl name, meaning of Sharlene is "Female Version of Charles or Carl"
- Nira - Popular unisex name Nira is especially used in Telugu, Kannada and Arabic languages, meaning of Nira is "Liquor or Consisting of Water"
Middle names for Marianne
Some great options for sought-after and familiar middle names to go with Marianne.
View more middle names that goes with Marianne.
Famous people named Marianne
- Marianne Fredriksson, Swedish author
- Marianne Jelved, Danish politician
- Marianne Weber, German sociologist
- Marianne Heiberg, was director of the UN organization for aid to Palestinian refugees UNRWA field office
- Marianne Mikko, Estonian politician and former Member of the European Parliament for the Social Democratic Party
- Marianne Wibberley,
- Marianne Cope, German-born American religious sister
- Marianne de Pierres, Australian science fiction author
- Marianne North, prolific English Victorian biologist and botanical artist, notable for her plant and landscape paintings, her extensive foreign travels
- Marianne Heemskerk, former butterfly swimmer from the Netherlands,
- Marianne Hagan, American actress and writer
- Marianne Mathy, coloratura soprano opera singer and distinguished teacher of opera and classical singing
- Marianne Mithun, American linguist specializing
- Marianne Van Hirtum, Belgian author writing in the French language
- Marianne Brandt, Austrian operatic singer with an international reputation
- Marianne Elliott, Irish historian and Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire
- Marianne Dahlmo, former Norwegian cross-country skier
- Marianne Boruch, American poet whose published work also includes essays on poetry
- Marianne Wiggins, American author
- Marianne Werner, retired West German athlete
- Marianne Wolfe, preeminent parliamentarian
- Marianne Davies, English musician
- Marianne Strauss, Jewish woman who was born in Essen
- Marianne Scharwenka, German violinist and composer
- Marianne Kjørstad, retired Norwegian alpine skier
- Marianne Alvoni, Swiss fashion designer
- Marianne Pistohlkors, Russian-born aristocrat and later an actress
- Marianne Karlsmose, leader of a Danish political party
- Marianne Dickerson, female long-distance runner from the United States
- Marianne Maddalena, American film producer
- Marianne Kierkemann, Swedish politician of the Moderate Party
- Marianne Schwankhart, South African rock climber
- Marianne Merchez, Belgian doctor
- Marianne Grunberg-Manago, Soviet-born French biochemist
- Marianne Faithfull, English singer, songwriter and actress
- Marianne Moore, American modernist poet, critic, translator
- Marianne Lamont Horinko, served as Acting Administrator of the United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Marianne Brandt, German painter, sculptor
- Marianne Illing, Canadian water polo player
- Marianne Cerilli, politician in Manitoba, Canada
- Marianne Williamson, American spiritual teacher, author, lecturer
- Marianne Jean-Baptiste, English actress, composer and director, best
- Marianne Hoppe, German theatre and film actress
- Marianne Thyssen, Belgian politician for the Christian Democratic and Flemish Party
- Marianne Wilkinson, Canadian local politician and the Councillor of Kanata North
- Marianne Hainisch, founder and leader of the Austrian women's movement
- Marianne Leone Cooper, American film and television actress
- Marianne Gravatte, American model and actress
- Marianne Muellerleile, American actress
- Marianne Ackerman, Canadian novelist, playwright, and journalist
- Marianne Timmer, former speed skater
- Marianne Rosenberg, German Schlager music singer and songwriter
Lists having Marianne
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Maria
- Girl names that ends with -ianne
- Popular Girl Names in France (1977)
- Popular Girl Names in Norway (1984)
- Baby Names that mean Bitter
- Baby Names that mean Sea
- Baby Names that mean Bitterness
- Baby Names that mean Wished
- Baby Names that mean Child
- Baby Names that mean Star
- Baby Names that mean Grace
- Baby Names that mean Mercy