Abbigail meaning and origin
Meaning of Abbigail is Joy of My Father is rooted from Hebrew used as a gender-neutral name is used in Danish, German, English and Swedish. Abbigail is form of biblical and prominent Abigail. Abigail is English and German equivalent of Abigael. Admired Abigail has its origin in Hebrew, Abigail means "Gives Joy and Father in Rejoicing".
Variants of Abbigail
View middle names that goes with Abbigail like Vickey, Maddie, Kailey, Vada, Kyler, Tere,Names that rhyme with Abbigail
Popularity of Abbigail
Abbigail was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1959 around 11629 babies have been given the given name. When at the peak of its usage in 2009, the moniker grabbed the 457th spot and 675 baby girls were given the name. However after 55 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 4 times Abbigail is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1997, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 527 on girl names chart when 50 babies were named Abbigail. Over 584 people have been named Abbigail in England and Wales.
Abbigail is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, its highest ever rank is 413 (2000) in its 11 years run on Ireland naming chart. Also, Abbigail is a familiar name in England. At least, 10000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
What numbers say about Abbigail?
You are always preoccupied with other people's problems because they know you are compassionate and ready to help at any time. You need to communicate with people in order to expand your knowledge and widen your perspective. The letter A as your cornerstone reveals your ability to lead people and get them to do the stuff you want them to do. People admire your spirit. You easily adapt to new environments and want to hang around with new people.
Do you like Abbigail? You would love these names
- Dee - Originated from Celtic and Old Greek, Prevalent and Enduring Dee is used dominantly in Welsh and English, meaning of Dee is "Divine or Mythological Mother of Perseus by Zeus" is bestowed upon both boys and girls. Cherished name Dee managed to bag 497th position on list of baby girl names in 1967 in United States
- Aimee - Eternal and Customary Aimee is used largely in Dutch, Swedish and Finnish, Aimee means "Beloved or The Beloved". Its origin is in Latin and French is a unisex name
- Tiffanie - Famed Tiffanies origin is Old Greek is largely used in English, Swedish and Finnish, meaning of Tiffanie is "One who has an Epiphany, Manifestation of God or Manifestation of Divinity" is used for girls
- Chanel - Preeminent Latin and Old French Chanel is used in English and Norwegian used as a unisex name, meaning of Chanel is "Channel or Canal"
- Ernestine - Eternal and Cherished Ernestine is used majorly in Swedish and Norwegian, Ernestine means "Ernst or Fight to the Finish". It is rooted from Old High German and Germanic is used as a gender insensitive name
Namesakes of Abbigail
We could not find any notable namesake.