Caitriona name meaning
What does Caitriona mean?
Caitriona's meaning is The Pure used for girls that originated from Old Greek is used primarily in Irish and Scottish. Caitriona is variant form of cherished Karine. Karine is form of lofty Carina. Also Karine is form of eminent Karin. Karine is also form of eminent Karina. Karine is English and German cognate of Carine. Also Karine is English cognate of Cara. Karine is also equivalent of Carine in German and English languages. Karine is also equivalent of Carina in German language. Karine is also form of Karen in French and Russian languages. Karine is also English cognate of Karina. Originated from Old Greek and Italian, Prevalent Karine, Karine means "The Pure and Pretty".
Is Caitriona a pleasant name for a baby?
Caitriona is a unique and charming name that has its roots in Greece. It carries the meaning of "pure" and reflects the innocence and purity associated with a newborn baby girl. The name is not only beautiful in sound but also different from the common names that are often heard. It has an air of elegance and sophistication, making it stand out from other popular names. A baby girl named Caitriona would be blessed with a name that represents grace, purity, and uniqueness - qualities that will stay with her forever as she grows into a strong woman in the world.
How do I pronounce Caitriona?
One syllabled Caitriona is most commonly pronounced as ka-TREE-na with emphasis on second TREE syllable. ca(i)-trio-na or cait-riona are the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Caitriona
Aikaterine, Cateline, Katharina, Karine, Carina, Karin, Karina, Carine, Cara, Karen, Caitlin, Cate, Catheryn, Catelynn, Catharina, Ecaterina, Caarina, Karena, Caron, Carin, Karolina, Oskarine, Carrine, Caira, Carry, Carola, Carolina, Caren, Karra, Anakaren, Karenlee, Caelyn, Katleen, Kaitlin, Katie
View middle names that goes with Caitriona like Mee, Severine, Tyia,Names that rhyme with Caitriona
How popular is the name Caitriona?
Caitriona is common in Ireland where over 2444 new-borns have been given the name since 1964. At the peak of its usage in 1986, it ranked 70th when 121 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Caitriona is an uncommon baby name in United States, although it has been in use since 1987 but could not make beyond the top 7000. Over 228 people have been named Caitriona in United States. In England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and peaked in 1996 when it ranked 1914th.
Also, Caitriona is a familiar name in Northern Ireland and England. At least, 3000 people globally have carried Caitriona as their given name according to our research.
What numerology tells about Caitriona?
You are an adventurer who follows his intuition. Helping people, protecting nature and animals are your main preoccupation. You don't look like yourself when you are around someone you like. You are all about adventure and travel. You can't stand injustice. Unrestricted lifestyle is your mark. Letter A at the end of your name foreshadows your high ambition to become someone in life. Once you distance yourself from everything you know inspiration will walk into your life again.
You would love these names similar to Caitriona
- Sharmin - Offbeat Sharmins origin is Old Greek and English is a unisex name, meaning of Sharmin is "Shy or Lucky" is used specifically in Arabic and Hindi
- Pammi - Rarefied Pammi is used largely in Hindi and English, Pammi means "Lovable" is of Old Greek origin is a baby girl name
- Filip - Well-Liked Filip came from Old Greek, meaning of Filip is "Friend of Horses, Russian Form of Philip or Friend or Horse" given to boys is used commonly in Finnish and Polish
- Phillida - Girl name Phillida means "Leaf, Green Bough or Similar to Phyllis" which is rooted from Old Greek is notably used in English
- Sibelle - Sufficiently quirky and Modernistic Old Greek and Greek Sibelle is used mainly in English, meaning of Sibelle is "Divinity Personifying Nature In Phrygian Mythology" is a baby girl name
Sibling Names for Caitriona
Are you looking for a unique and meaningful name for your baby girl? Caitriona, an Irish name meaning "pure", may be the perfect choice. If you're inspired by this name, we've compiled a list of sibling names that pair well with Caitriona. From classic to modern, this list has something for everyone.
Names for Caitriona's sister
For a brother
Famous people named Caitriona
- Caitriona O'Reilly, Irish poet and critic
- Caitriona Balfe in Now You See Me as Actress
Lists having Caitriona
- Girl names beginning with C
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Irish Girl Names
- Scottish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -iona
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1990)
- Baby Names that mean Pure