Cally meaning and origin
Cally is variant of recent Callister. Callister is English cognate of Alexander. Queer unisex name Cally is used in Finnish, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish is rooted from Irish, English, Latin, Scottish and Gaelic languages. Cally is short of Calum. Calum is variation of ever lasting, admired and saintly Malcolm. Of Latin and Celtic origin, Queer Calum, Calum means "Dove" is used in Scottish and English.
Variants of Cally
View middle names that goes with Cally like Grayson, Vena, Seymour, Keith, Daire, Quan,Names that rhyme with Cally
Popularity of Cally
Cally was a common name in United States. Over 1711 babies have been named Cally since 1948. When at its peak in 1990,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 67 years. Cally is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 703 on girl names chart when 33 babies were named Cally. Over 388 babies in England and Wales have been named Cally. Also, in France, the name has been in use since 1997 and has secured the place in top 2000 names. In 2013, it ranked 1275th when 34 girls were named Cally. Over 253 babies in France have been named Cally.
Also, Cally is a familiar name in England, DR Congo, Canada, South Africa and Australia. At least, 3000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Cally in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Cally?
Number 1 reveals your positive attitude and originality. Your heart is as big as a mountain. Focus on what's important to you rather than focusing on making other people content. You are a disciplined person is what number 8 as your expression number as to say about you. You are hard-working by nature and success drives you. Everybody loves you for your artistic nature and expressive attitude.
Looking for a name like Cally? Please go through the following names
- Lumina means Luminous is of Latin origin, a girl name is largely used in Swedish, Danish and Finnish
- Hill - Originated from English and Hebrew, Popular and Perpetual Hill generally bestowed upon both genders, Hill means "To Praise" is used mainly in Finnish and Swedish. Hill is diminutive of Hillel.
- Chrissa - Outlandish Chrissa has its origin in Latin, Chrissa means "Christian Woman and Anointed Christian" and is largely used in English is used as a girl name. Chrissa is diminutive of Christina.
- Marney - Unorthodox Marneys origin is Hebrew and Latin is notably used in Scandinavian used as a girl name, meaning of Marney is "Sailor of the Sea"
- Sorenza - The Sorenza means "Arise" has origin in Latin
Namesakes of Cally
- Cally Hamilton in Frankenstein as Actress
Lists having Cally
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Gaelic Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Cal
- Baby Names that mean Helper
- Baby Names that mean Defender
- Baby Names that mean Mankind
- Baby Names that mean Protector
- Baby Names that mean Warrior
- Baby Names that mean Men
- Baby Names that mean Wards
- Baby Names that mean Protect
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Manly
- Baby Names that mean Dove