Mabel name meaning
What does Mabel mean?
Prevalently used in Danish, Swedish, Finnish, English and Norwegian unfading and illustrous, Mabel means "Lovable, Love, Who Deserves to Be Loved or Gracious" used as a gender-neutral name is rooted from English, Spanish, Latin and Old French. Mabel is derived from Aimable. Prominent and Venerable Aimable is originated from Latin, Aimable means "Who Deserves to Be Loved". Mabel is short form of María Isabel. Predominant and Perennial Spanish María Isabel is largely used in Spanish, meaning of María Isabel is "Isabel and María". Mabel is shortened form of Amabella. Amabella's meaning is Gracious is used mostly in French has its origin in Latin. Mabel is equivalent of Amabel in English language. Also Mabel is Spanish form of Maribel. It is celebrated on October 18th.
What do we think of Mabel as a name for a newborn?
Mabel is a charming and unique name for a baby girl that exudes warmth and affection. It has a classic ring to it, which makes it both timeless and trendy at the same time. This name is easy to pronounce, spell, and remember, which is essential when choosing a moniker for your little one. Mabel has an endearing quality that makes it stand out from other names in its category. It has been used for generations, but it still manages to maintain its fresh appeal amongst modern parents. The name Mabel conjures up images of sweetness, kindness, and gentleness--qualities that any parent would want their child to possess.
How do I pronounce Mabel?
Two syllabled Mabel is most commonly pronounced as m(a)-bel. The other ways to say the name is may-bul.
Variants of Mabel
Amabilis, Mabelean, Amabel, Maribel, Annabella, Amabilia, Maria, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, María, MarabelNames that rhyme with Mabel
How popular is the name Mabel?
a popular name in United States having over 135342 recievers in 188 years of usage. The moniker is Currently ascending on the charts, in 1891, 3683 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 15th position. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 33 times Mabel is a common name in England and Wales given to over 2765 babies in 23 years. Presently peaked at the charts, it ranked 106th when 491 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Mabel is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 1965 and achieved its top ranking of 289 in 2017. There are over 103 babies that have been given the name Mabel in Ireland. Also, it appeared first time in 1905 on baby girl names list of France. Mabel is a rare baby name in Belgium, chances of it being still in use are very slim as it was last seen in 2009. But Mabel is a popular baby name in Argentina where every 1 in 500 have the name as well as in, Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Colombia, Cuba, England, South Africa, Chile, Brazil, Bolivia, Philippines, Uruguay, Mexico and Peru. At least, 410000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Mabel in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Mabel?
You are an artist by soul, which is something almost everyone envies you for. You deserve the best because you are simply the best. Number 6 as your soul urge no represents your caring nature. You never come up with a plan to achieve something but make your way as you go. You are interested in learning new and exciting things. Push yourself but not others who clearly don't like to be pushed but enjoy their comfort zone.
Other names similar to Mabel
- Patern - The Patern means "Paternal" came from Latin
- Justyn - Commonly Accepted unisex name Justyn means "The Just" used primarily in English has its origin in Latin language
- Lindor is used dominantly in Norwegian, Old SwedishDanish and Swedish, Lindor means "He who Seduces", a boy name is rooted from Latin and Old Norse
- Kristo - Sufficiently quirky and Modern boy name Kristo means "Christ Carrier" that originated from Old Greek and Latin is used primarily in Swedish, Greek and Finnish
- Viriane - Origin of Viriane is in Latin, meaning of Viriane is "God of Nature"
Middle names for Mabel
These trending and well-received middle names flows beautifully with the baby name Mabel .
View more middle names that goes with Mabel.
Famous people named Mabel
- Mabel Besant-Scott, Theosophist, Co-Freemason and Rosicrucian
- Mabel Burkholder, Canadian writer and historian
- Mabel Scott, American gospel music and R&B vocalist
- Mabel Maney, artist and author from San Francisco
- Mabel Collins, theosophist and author of over 46 books
- Mabel Love, British dancer and stage actress
- Mabel Smith Douglass, first dean, in 1918
- Mabel Seeley, American mystery writer
- Mabel Elsworth Todd, is known as the founder of what came to be known as 'Ideokinesis'
- Mabel Brookes, Australian community worker, activist, socialite
- Mabel Tylecote, British Labour Party politician, activist
- Mabel Gardiner Hubbard, who became completely deaf at age five
- Mabel Martin Wyrick, American writer
- Mabel Lang, American archaeologist and scholar of Classical Greek and Mycenaean culture
- Mabel Keaton Staupers, pioneer in the American nursing profession
- Mabel Strickland, Anglo-Maltese journalist
- Mabel Normand, American silent-film actress, screenwriter
- Mabel King, American film, stage, and television actress
- Mabel Poulton, English film actress
- Mabel Stark, renowned tiger trainer of the 1920s
- Mabel Lucie Attwell, British illustrator and comics artist
- Mabel Miller, Australian lawyer and politician
- Mabel Albertson, American actress
- Mabel Thorp Boardman, American philanthropist involved with the American Red Cross
- Mabel Mosquera, female weightlifter from Colombia
- Mabel Cahill, Irish female tennis player, active
- Mabel Mercer, from the archives of The Mabel Mercer Foundation
- Mabel Dodge Luhan, wealthy American patron of the arts
- Mabel Philipson, British actress and politician
- Mabel DeWare, Canadian politician, curler, and retired Senator
- Mabel Cheung, film director from Hong Kong
- Mabel Taliaferro, American stage and silent-screen actress
- Mabel Ballin, American motion-picture actress of the silent film era
- Mabel Alvarez, American painter
- Mabel Forrest, Australian writer and journalist
- Mabel Fairbanks, American figure skater and coach
- Mabel Van Buren, American stage and screen actress from Chicago
- Mabel Howard, well-known New Zealand trade unionist and politician
- Mabel Gay, Cuban triple jumper
- Mabel Walker Willebrandt, U.S. Assistant Attorney General
- Mabel Esther Allan, British author of about 170 children's books
- Mabel Segun, Nigerian poet
- Mabel Julienne Scott, American stage and silent movie actress
- Mabel Hampton, American lesbian activist
- Mabel Allington Royds, English artist best known for her woodcuts
- Mabel Osgood Wright, American author
- Mabel Ridealgh, Labour and Co-operative politician
- Mabel Rebello, politician
- Mabel Loomis Todd, American editor and writer
- Mabel Paige, American stage and film actress
- Mabel Rivera, Spanish actress from Galicia
Lists having Mabel
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1922)
- Baby Names that mean Lovable
- Baby Names that mean Love
- Baby Names that mean Loved
- Baby Names that mean Gracious