Alessia name meaning
On This Page
What does Alessia mean?
Alessia means Defender of Men, He Who Wards Off (Other) Men, Noble or Protector is principally used in Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Finnish and originated from Old Greek is a gender insensitive name .
Alessia is version of desirable and enduring Alexis. Alexis is abridged form of names with "Alex". Alexis is Greek form of Αλεξιος. Origin of Well-Liked Alexis is in Old Greek, meaning of Alexis is "The Word Alexein Which is of the Meaning to Ward Off to Defend and Protect".
Alessia is abridged form of Alexander. Alexander is form of The Greek Name Αλεξανδρος in Latin language. Meaning of Alexander is He Who Wards Off (Other) Men, Manly and Defender of Men is originated from Hungarian, German and Dutch.
Alessia is an effeminate variant of Alessio. Alessio is variant of cherished Alessandro. Also Alessio is variation of cherished and enduring Alexander. Alessio is also variation of cherished and enduring Alexis.
Alessio is short form of Alexander. Alessio is equivalent of Alexis in Italian language. Famous Old Greek Alessio is used mostly in Italian, meaning of Alessio is "The Defender and Manly".
Also Alessia is equivalent of Alexia in Italian language. It is celebrated on December 16.
How do I pronounce Alessia?
The four syllabled name Alessia is commonly pronounced as a-le-ssia. ah-less-ee-uh is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Alessia
How popular is the name Alessia?
a popular name in United States having over 4248 recievers in 43 years of usage. Presently at its peak, it ranked 580th when 528 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Also, Alessia was among the very popular names in Italy. Since emerging in 1999 around 99359 babies have been given the moniker. At its zenith in 2000, it ranked 1st when 9315 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However after 20 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 5 baby names 7 times
A common name in England and Wales with over 1530 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
Recently peaking at the charts, 181 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 268th position. Also, Alessia was a common name in France. Over 2452 babies have been named Alessia since 1982.
When at the peak of its usage in 2016,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 36 years but it is still going strong. Also, In Switzerland, Alessia was once a common name since emerging in 1998 it has been given to over 4200 babies.
At its zenith in 2002,. However after 21 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 21 times
Alessia is a familiar baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 2004, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 106 on girl names chart when 92 babies were given the name Alessia. Over 1680 babies in Belgium have been named Alessia.
The name is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, in use since 1999, peaked in 2011 when it ranked 340th. Over 129 babies in Ireland have been named Alessia.
Also, Alessia is a familiar name in Spain, Brazil, England, Canada, Germany, Malta, Mexico, Dominican Republic and Netherlands.
At least, 110000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Alessia in Nordic countries
Numerological analysis of Alessia
You prefer originality and hard work instead of taking the easier road to success. You can easily get turned off by a person's reckless behavior or bad habits. You need to listen to people occasionally to make them feel better and important. It's strange but you enjoy being miserable sometimes. You would climb the highest rock if that's necessary to accomplish something you want badly. Your great sense of humor makes you attractive in other people's eyes.
Other names similar to Alessia
- Baptistin - The Baptistin is originated from Greek, Baptistin means "Immerse"
- Perikles - Greek name Perikles means "Very Famous or Magnificent"
- Sebastiane means Exalted or Man from Sebaste is commonly used in Swedish. Its origin is in Greek and Old Greek is a unisex name
- Timian - Of Greek and Scandinavian origin, Timian is mostly used in Swedish, Scandinavian and Danish, Timian means "So Thyme Might Be the Plant with a Strong Odor, Or It Might Be Related to Thyein = Burn As a Sacrifice, Which Would Indicate the Plant was Used As Incense, Thyme or To Rise In a Cloud" is a gender-neutral name
- Iolana - Trendy girl name Iolana is used principally in English and Hawaiian has its origin in Old Greek and Hawaiian languages. Iolana is Hawaiian and English cognate of Yolanda
Middle names for Alessia
These are some of the short and familiar options for Alessia middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Alessia.
Sibling Names for Alessia
When choosing a name for your baby, it can be helpful to consider sibling names that complement each other. If you've chosen the beautiful name Alessia for your little one, you may be wondering what names could pair well with it. Here are some great options that would make lovely sibling names for Alessia.
Sister to Alessia
Brother to Alessia
Famous people named Alessia
- Alessia di Matteo, (July 4
- Alessia Filippi, retired Italian swimmer
- Alessia Fabiani, Italian model, showgirl and TV presenter
- Alessia Marcuzzi, Italian television host and actress
- Alessia Gazzola, Italian novelist.
- Actor Alessia Barela, notable for movie A Five Star Life
- In 2005, Alessia Goria played the role of Suor Carolina Iavazzo in crime, drama flick Alla luce del sole.
- In 2016, Alessia Patregnani played the role of N in fantasy and horror movie Blood on Méliès' Moon.
- Alessia Cestaro, from 2017 horror, thriller flick Ular Tangga, who played Martha.
Lists having Alessia
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Boy names that starts with Ale
- Girl names that ends with -sia
- Popular Girl Names in Italy (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Defender
- Baby Names that mean Men
- Baby Names that mean Wards
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Protector