Bette meaning and origin
Used specifically in Swedish, Norwegian, French, Finnish, English and Danish languages widespread and venerable, Bette means "God is My Oath, Form of Elizabeth, House, God's Promise, God is Fullness or My God is Perfect" and is aimed at both boys and girls is rooted from Hebrew. Bette is version of venerable Berte. Berte is variation of long standing and admired Bert. Also Berte is a variant form of noteworthy and evergreen Berta. Noteworthy and Evergreen Berte's origin is Germanic and Old High German, meaning of Berte is "Noble, Bright and Shining". Bette is form of widely accepted Bet. Bet is variation of durable and cherished Bette. Also Bet is variant of Petula. Bet is also variant of Names Ending with -Bet / -Beth / -Bett / -Betta / -Bette. Bet is also a form of Bethania. Bet is also a form of Its Variant Forms. Trendy and Evergreen Bet is originated from Latin and Hebrew, Bet means "House and God is My Oath". Bette is variant form of illustrous and biblical Betty. Betty is variant of imperishable and widespread Beata. Also Betty is form of imperishable and commonly accepted Berta. Betty is also form of widely accepted, virtuous and timeless Barbara. Betty is short form of ElisabethElizabeth. Betty is English cognate of Elisabet. Originated from Hebrew, Popular and Enduring Betty, Betty means "My God is Abundance and Form of Elizabeth".. It is celebrated on November 17th.
Variants of Bette
View middle names that goes with Bette like Gillian, Sheena, Kaleigh, Sybil, Meaghan, Lina,Names that rhyme with Bette
Popularity of Bette
a popular name in United States having over 34857 recievers in 113 years of usage. At present the name is rising, in 1923, 1736 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 148th position. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 40 times Bette is a common name in Canada while somewhat familiar name in England, Netherlands, Brazil, India and Israel. At least, 30000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Bette in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Bette
You want to help others and leave an impression. You are born for so much more than you think. You are the most sensitive person but prefer to keep it secret so you don't give people a chance to take advantage of you. If letter E is your capstone, it reveals your dominant character. You need to open your mind to new suggestions, new opinions and start questioning what you believe. Being a boss suits you because of your high self-esteem, determination, and knowledge.
Looking for names similar to Bette? Please go through the following names
- Nira - Nira's meaning is Part of God, Juice or Of the Loom used for both boys and girls is especially used in Telugu, Bengali and Assamese. Among baby girl names, noteworthy Nira managed to reach 462 in year 1933 in United States
- Adell - The popular and all time favorite unisex name Adell means "Of a Noble Kind and Of Noble Figure" and is used in English has its origin in Germanic language. Adell is spelling variant of Adelaide.
- Retta means The Word Amare with the Meaning to Love is used as a baby girl name has origin in Scandinavian, Latin and Germanic. Retta is spelling variation of Amoretta.
- Alphonse - Meaning of Alphonse is Embattled, Ready for Battle or Noble or Fast is of Gothic and German origin, a boy name is largely used in Norwegian, Danish and French
- Gianni - The widely accepted unisex name Gianni means "The Lord is Gracious or God is Gracious" and is rooted from Hebrew is specifically used in Gujarati and Italian
Namesakes of Bette
- Bette Bright, English rock singer
- Bette Davis, American actress of film, television, and theater
- Bette Midler, American singer, songwriter, actress, comedian
- Bette MacDonald, Canadian comedian, actress, and writer
- Bette Nesmith Graham, American typist, commercial artist
- Bette Stephenson, Canadian medical doctor and former politician
- Bette Grayson, Hollywood actress and the second wife of playwright Clifford Odets
- Bette Bao Lord, Chinese-born American writer and civic activist for human rights and democracy
- Bette Greene, author of several books for children and young adults, including 'Summer of My German Soldier'
- Bette Franke, Dutch model
- Bette Cassatt in V/H/S/2 as Actress
- Bette Bentley in Piss as Producer
- In 1998, Bette Laws-Lefevre portrayed the role of N in drama movie Promises.
- Bette Smith played the minor character of Mimi Rozzi in 2005 comedy movie Chopping Block.
Lists having Bette
- Boys names beginning with B
- Girls names beginning with B
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -ette
- Girl names that starts with Bet
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Oath
- Baby Names that mean House
- Baby Names that mean Promise
- Baby Names that mean Fullness
- Baby Names that mean Perfect