Emmeline meaning and origin
The famous and ever lasting girl name Emmeline means "Brave or Home and Sweet" especially used in French, English, Swedish, Finnish, Danish and Norwegian has origin in Gothic, German, Latin and Germanic.. Emmeline is variant form of Emmeli. Emmeli is Swedish form of Emelie. Also Emmeli is Nordic form of Émilie. It is celebrated on October 27th.
Variants of Emmeline
View middle names that goes with Emmeline like Jaslene, Lis, Jeda,Names that rhyme with Emmeline
Popularity of Emmeline
In United States, Emmeline was once a common name since emerging in 1888 it has been given to over 4054 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 2017,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 79 years but it is still in a strong position. Also, A common name in England and Wales having over 1164 recievers in 23 years of usage. At present peaking at the charts, 187 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 262nd position.
Emmeline is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1900 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1988, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 403 on girl names chart when 92 babies were given the name Emmeline. Over 1773 babies in France have been named Emmeline. The name is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. During its 21 years of usage in Belgium, it had made up to just the top 500 girl names. Over 240 babies in Belgium have been named Emmeline.
Also, Emmeline is a familiar name in England, Philippines, South Africa, Netherlands, Haiti and Brazil. According to our estimate, over 7000 babies have been named Emmeline globally.
Emmeline in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Emmeline
You neglect your own issues and helping other is more important to you. You act protectively around the people you love and people who need help. You possess great communication skills. You are always open to new adventures. You are the problem solver in your surroundings. You take things too seriously and it makes you nervous when something doesn't go as planned. Realizing your goals is what lifts your spirit and boosts your self-confidence.
If you like Emmeline, you would love these names
- Loredana - The infrequent girl name Loredana means "Laurel Grove, Laurel Branch or Laurel Bunch" has its roots in Latin and Italian is dominantly used in Italian and German
- Sylvanie - Meaning of Sylvanie is Forest came from Latin
- Natálie - The girl name Natálie is dominantly used in Czech has its roots in Latin, Natálie means "Born on Christmas or Born on Christmas"
- Polina - Meaning of Polina is Apollonia is used substantially in Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian, a girl name is of Old Greek and Latin origin
- Delise - Odd girl name Delise came from Latin, meaning of Delise is "Pleasure and Delight". Delise is resulted from Delicia.
Namesakes of Emmeline
- Emmeline Pankhurst, British political activist and leader of the British suffragette movement
- Emmeline Pethick-Lawrence, Baroness Pethick-Lawrence, British women's rights activist and suffragette
- Emmeline B. Wells, American journalist, editor, poet
- Emmeline Kim in Dear Sappho as Director
Lists having Emmeline
- Girl names beginning with E
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Gothic Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -eline
- Girl names that starts with Emm
- Baby Names that mean Brave
- Baby Names that mean Home
- Baby Names that mean Sweet