Elise name meaning
On This Page
What does Elise mean?
Loved and Ever lasting unisex name Elise means "God is My Oath, Consecrated to God Abbreviation of Elisabeth, Pledged to God, Form of Elizabeth, My God is Abundance, My God has Sworn or God is Fullness" used in German, Finnish, English, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Greenlandic is of Hebrew and Germanic origin.
Elise is variation of biblical and well-liked Elisa. Elisa is variant of persistent, recently in vogue and well-liked Isabel. Elisa is diminutive of ElisabethElisabeth. Elisa is German equivalent of Elisabet. Also Elisa is Nordic equivalent of The Hebrew Name אֱלִישׁוּעַ Meaning My God is Salvation.
Elisa means My God is Abundance, God's Promise and My God has Sworn has its origin in Hebrew. Elise is shortened form of Elisabeth. Elisabeth is form of trendy, ever lasting and hot Elizabeth.
Meaning of Elisabeth is My God is Abundance and Fullness of God has its origin in Hebrew. Elise is German equivalent of Alice. Also Elise is German, English and French equivalent of Elizabeth.
It is celebrated on November 17th.
How is Elise regarded as a baby name?
Elise is a charming name that perfectly suits a baby girl. It is easy to pronounce and spell, making it hassle-free for her as she grows up.
Additionally, the name has an elegant and sophisticated flair, thanks to its French origin. Elise symbolizes divine assurance or God's promise, making it an ideal moniker for parents who believe in spirituality and faith.
It exudes an air of positivity and hopefulness, which can inspire the young one to be confident in whatever she does throughout her life. Overall, choosing Elise as a baby girl name would bestow the child with grace and beauty that will undoubtedly captivate all who meet her.
How do I pronounce Elise?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Elise as ell-ees. ee-lees or eh-lees are another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of Elise
Elisheba, Eleese, Elisa, Isabel, Elisabet, Eleesa, Anaelisa, Alice, Elizabeth, Adalheidis, Adaliz, Adelais, Aliz, Adelice, Lisa, Aleka, Alycia, Alicemarie, Alizabeth, Eilis, Elza, Annaelizabeth, Elizabethmarie
Nicknames for Elise
You can playfully shorten baby name Elise with these possibleNames that rhyme with Elise
How popular is the name Elise?
a popular name in United States with over 66127 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. When at the peak of its usage in 2012, 2121 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 150th position.
In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names a whooping 93 times Also, Elise was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 8587 babies have been given the name in 23 years.
When at its peak in 2002, 527 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 96th position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years.
Additionally, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 3 times Also, Elise was a popular name in France. Over 116334 babies have been named Elise since 1900.
At the peak of its usage in 1900, 1910 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 37th position. However after 188 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts.
In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 35 times
Elise used to be a common name in Netherlands, first appeared in 2015 and over 1085 babies have been given the name in 5 years.
At the peak of its usage in 2015,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 5 years but it is still going strong. Also, Elise is a common name in Sweden given to over 2795 babies in 12 years.
When at its peak in 2015, it ranked 32nd when 347 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, In Belgium, Elise was once a common name since emerging in 1995 it has been given to over 9098 babies.
At its zenith in 2009,. However after 24 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still in a strong position. Moreover, the name has been to the top 5 baby names 8 times Also, Elise is common in New South Wales where over 1159 new-borns have been given the name since 1985.
When at the peak of its usage in 1987, it ranked 49th when 157 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Elise is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
Recently in 2018, 64 babies were given Elise and it reached its peak ranking, 112 on girl names chart. There are over 804 babies that have been given the name Elise in Switzerland.
Also, in Queensland, in just 4 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. In 1987, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 67 on girl names chart when 55 babies were given the name Elise.
Over 186 babies in Queensland have been named Elise.
Elise is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1983 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 2014, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 132 on girl names chart when 45 babies were named Elise. Over 465 babies in Ireland have been named Elise. However things change on global perspective, Elise is extremely popular in DR Congo where every 1 in 500 have the name.
Also the baby name is popular in Cameroon, Benin, Madagascar, Germany, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Rwanda and Canada. As per our findings, over 410000 babies have been bestowed Elise around the globe.
Elise in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Elise
When it comes to giving an honest advice, you can be hard. You are a workaholic and often bring your job at home which angers your family. You are not used to standing in one place for too long because monotony isn't a thing you can get used to like many people today. You are always open to new adventures. Your friends are like addicted to you, but your family isn't very happy with how you live your life cause you are restless.
Other names similar to Elise, for would be parents
- Karol - Widespread unisex name Karol is particulary used in English and Norwegian, Karol means "Strong or Manly or Feminine Variant of Charles" has origin in Old High German, English and Germanic. In 1944, predominant Karol was the 492nd most popular name in baby girl names list in United States
- Melisa - Melisa's meaning is The Bee is used as a unisex name which is rooted from Old Greek is specifically used in Turkish and Tamil
- Precious - Leading In fashion and Conifer unisex name Precious means "Loved, Of Great Value or Precious" and is used in English is of English origin
- Bernie - Pleasing and Evergreen unisex name Bernie has its origin in Old High German, Germanic and Old English, meaning of Bernie is "Hardy or Bear" is used principally in English and Finnish
- Johnna - Customary Johnnas origin is Hebrew is used in Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish used as a girl name, meaning of Johnna is "God is Merciful, Consecrated to God or Merciful"
Middle names for Elise
These are some of the in vogue and familiar options for Elise middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Elise.
Sibling Names for Elise
Looking for the perfect names to go with your baby girl's name, Elise? Look no further! We've compiled a list of sibling names that perfectly complement this beautiful and classic name. From traditional to modern, there's something for everyone on this list. Check it out below!
Names for Elise's sister
Names for Elise's brother
Famous people named Elise
- Elise Richter, Viennese philologist and the only woman at any Austrian university
- Elise Loum, Vice-President of the African Union's Pan-African Parliament
- Elise Herz, Prague-born Austrian philanthropist
- Elise Laverick, British rower
- Elise Blackwell, American novelist, born in Austin
- Elise Neal, American actress
- Elise Norwood, former captain of the Australian Women's Water Polo team
- Elise Doganieri, American co-creator and co-executive producer of the CBS reality show 'The Amazing Race
- Elise Ray, American gymnast
- Elise Cowen, American poet
- Elise Baughman, American actress and voice actress
- Elise Blumann, German born artist
- Elise Cavanna, American film actress, stage comedian, dancer
- Elise Ottesen-Jensen, Norwegian-Swedish sex educator
- Elise Burgin, American former tennis player
- Elise M. Boulding, Norwegian-born American Quaker sociologist
- Elise Estrada, Filipino-Canadian pop singer-songwriter and actress
- Elise Hwasser, Swedish stage actress
- Elise Howard in Sleepover Suite as Actress
- Elise Wilson in Pitch Perfect as Actress
- Elise Amblard in Polisse as Actress
- Elise Shirley in Just the Beginning: Part 2 as Actress
- Elise Larnicol in RRRrrrr!!! as Actress
- Elise Tielrooy in Serial Lover as Actress
- Elise Bernard characterized the leading role of Marianne in 2011 comedy and drama flick Homecoming.
- Elise Caitlin characterized leading character of Sarah in 1997 drama and family movie Where the Elephant Sits.
- In 1987 drama movie, Vroeger is dood, Elise Hoomans played Moeder.
- In 2013, Elise Muller characterized the role of Sally Enitlov in comedy, crime flick Club Utopia.
- Elise Stead characterized small role of N in 1971 movie Eat Anything.
- Elise Hamilton played vital character of Isabel Clayton in 1920 adventure movie Isban: Or the Mystery of the Great Zimbabwe.
- Elise Couture, from 2015 horror, thriller film The Inhabitants, who played the Jessica.
Lists having Elise
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Boy names that starts with Eli
- Girl names that ends with -ise
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2004)
- Popular Girl Names in France (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2014)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1988)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Oath
- Baby Names that mean Consecrated
- Baby Names that mean Pledged
- Baby Names that mean Abundance
- Baby Names that mean Sworn
- Baby Names that mean Fullness