Alisha meaning and origin
Darling Alisha principally is used in Kannada, Finnish, English, Tamil, Hindi, Indian, Marathi, Gujarati, Swedish, Arabic, Sindhi, Telugu, Malayalam, Norwegian, Danish and Assamese aimed at both genders, meaning of Alisha is "God Gifted, Protected by God, Of a Noble Kind or Silk of Heaven" is originated from Sanskrit, Old High German and Germanic. Alisha is form of Alice in English language. Also Alisha is form of Alicia in English language. Also Alisha is form of Ilisha in English language.
Variants of AlishaNames that rhyme with Alisha
Popularity of Alisha
Alisha was a popular name in United States. Over 55654 babies have been given the first name in 86 years. When at its peak in 1987, 2437 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 118th position. However after 86 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 36 times Also, Alisha was among the popular names in England and Wales. Since emerging in 1996 around 13984 babies have been given the name. When at its peak in 2005, 986 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 57th position. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 100 baby names 13 times
Alisha is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1983 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2008, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 81 on girl names chart when 86 babies were given the name Alisha. There are over 961 babies that have been given the name Alisha in Ireland. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2004, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 86 on girl names chart when 73 babies were given the name Alisha. Over 981 babies in Switzerland have been named Alisha.
Alisha is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 2010, it ranked 1028th when 46 girls were named Alisha. Over 356 people have been named Alisha in France. Also, in Netherlands, in just 2 years, it has made it to the top 500 names. Recently in 2016, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 438 on girl names chart when 29 babies were named Alisha.
Alisha is an uncommon baby name in Belgium, in use since 2000, peaked in 2015 when it ranked 682nd. There are over 107 babies that have been given the name Alisha in Belgium. Alisha is a rare baby name in Netherlands where it is still in use. But Alisha is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 90000 have the name. As per our estimate, over 70000 babies have been bestowed Alisha around the globe.
Alisha in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Alisha?
If letter A is your capstone in your name, you are romantic by nature. However, you are also interested in action. You hate waking up at the same time in the morning if you don't have to. Change your perspective. Having letter A as your capstone reveals how you look at life and other people. You like to take safe risks. The capstone of your name reveals your true personality, your skills, and unique abilities.
Go through the following names similar to Alisha
- Aishah - Odd unisex name Aishah is chiefly used in Arabic and English has its origin in Arabic, meaning of Aishah is "Lively or Woman"
- Aliya - Used particulary in Malayalam, Swedish and Arabic preeminent, Aliya means "Noble, Exalted One or Superior" and a baby girl name is of Arabic and Hebrew origin
- Fravash is used mainly in Malayalam, Hindi and Gujarati bestowed upon baby boys, Fravash means "Guardian Angel"
- Liyaqat - The boy name Liyaqat means "Worthiness or Worth" is prevalently used in Arabic and Sindhi
- Tuhina - Meaning of Tuhina is Snowstorm, Snow or Dewdrops came from Sanskrit used as a unisex name is used in Marathi and Bengali
Namesakes of Alisha
- Alisha Chinai, Indian pop singer
- Alisha, American freestyle and dance-pop singer
- Alisha Thomas Morgan, American politician
- Alisha Sufit, singer songwriter with the 1970s Magic Carpet whose eponymous first album was released on the UK Mushroom label
- Alisha Snider in Beyond Here Lies Nothin' as Actress
- Alisha Revel in Tinsel as Actress
- Alisha Lennin in Money Talks as Actress
- Alisha B Woods in Scissr as Actress
- Alisha Ricardi in Life is Fine as Actress
- Alisha Phillips in Vessel as Actress
- Alisha Soper in A Passing Afternoon as Actress
- Alisha Honoré in Battle as Actress
- Actor Alisha Das, known for movie The Sun and the Moon
- Alisha Mullally, from 2012 comedy, family flick 12 Dogs of Christmas: Great Puppy Rescue, who characterized Miranda.
- Alisha Baig portrayed leading character of Anamika in 2007 horror film Fear.
Lists having Alisha
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- German Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Assamese Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2009)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2008)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2004)
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Gifted
- Baby Names that mean Protected
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Kind
- Baby Names that mean Silk
- Baby Names that mean Heaven