Charlie meaning and origin
Noteworthy and Enduring Charlie's origin is English, Old High German and Germanic is particulary used in Gujarati, Marathi, Norwegian, Bengali, Oriya, English, Danish, Greenlandic, Malayalam, Swedish, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Tamil and Finnish and is used for both sexes, meaning of Charlie is "Handsome, Manly, Form of Charles, Strong, Free-woman, Cutest Boy, Husband, Vigorous or Darling". Charlie is resultant of Charles. Charles is equivalent of Karl in English language. Also Charles is English and French equivalent of Karl. Renowned and Ceaseless Charles is originated from Germanic and Old High German, Charles means "A Man, Vigorous and Strong".. Charlie is English equivalent of Charlotte.. Charlie is celebrated on March 2 or November 4.
Variants of Charlie
Carolus, Charlae, Charlotte, Charles, Caroline, Charlot, Arlette, Sharla, Carleen, Charlotterose, Karl, Arlo, Carel, Kalle, Cheriline, Carrol, Johncharles, Charlesanthony, Karles, Háriolus, Arline, Carla, Carola, Coralie, Carolina, Arlet, Arletty, Arlene, Arletta, Sharon, Carly, Carol, Charlene, Carl, Arlos, Karel, Kaaleppi, Karle, Kaleva, Jehanne, Ieuan, Johanan, John, Johannes
View middle names that goes with Charlie like Devin, Avion, Acca, Warren, Kevin, Bennett,Names that rhyme with Charlie
Popularity of Charlie
a popular name in United States having over 194581 recievers in 277 years of usage. At its zenith in 1881, it ranked 20th when 2891 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 32 times Also, Charlie was a very popular name in England and Wales. Over 97219 babies have been given the moniker in 46 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2012, it ranked 4th when 5571 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. However after 46 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts. Additionally, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 5 times Also, a popular name in France with over 20359 new-borns have been given the name since 1917. At present the name is rising, in 2018, 1145 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 50th position. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 1 times
A common name in Ireland having over 5650 recievers in 48 years of usage. When at its peak in 2015, the moniker grabbed the 9th spot and 432 baby boys were given the name. Also, Charlie used to be a common name in Netherlands, first appeared in 2015 and over 875 babies have been given the name in 10 years. When at its peak in 2019,. After 10 years, the name has past its prime. Also, Charlie used to be a common name in Sweden, first appeared in 2002 and over 811 babies have been given the name in 5 years. At its zenith in 2008,. After 5 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, A common name in Belgium having over 1593 recievers in 43 years of usage. At present peaking at the charts, it ranked 96th when 112 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, Charlie was a common name in New South Wales. Over 5743 babies have been named Charlie since 2000. When at the peak of its usage in 2019,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 26 years but it is still going strong. Also, A common name in Queensland having over 4049 recievers in 28 years of usage. Recently the moniker is on a rise, in 2016, the moniker grabbed the 9th spot and 251 baby boys were given the name. Also, In Western Australia, Charlie was once a common name since emerging in 2016 it has been given to over 558 babies. At its zenith in 2016,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 4 years but it is still going strong. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 10 baby names 4 times Also, A common name in Victoria with over 3762 new-borns have been given the name since 2008. When at its peak in 2019, the moniker grabbed the 8th spot and 353 baby boys were given the name.
Charlie is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1999 and was able to reach the top 200 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 178 on girl names chart when 45 babies were named Charlie. There are over 391 babies that have been given the name Charlie in Switzerland. Charlie is an uncommon baby name in still in use in Northern Territory. But Charlie is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, England, Canada, DR Congo, Australia, Papua New Guinea and South Africa. As per our research, over 330000 people has been named Charlie globally.
Charlie in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Charlie?
You encourage people to walk the harder path and fight for what they believe is right. It takes a long time for someone to gain a special place in your heart. You love books and movies with a powerful message. You have a sharp focus and nothing slips your eye. When it comes to relationships, you hate monogamy and easily fall in and out of love. You lack self-confidence and self-reliance. You never take a leap of faith but do things with a plan.
Do you like Charlie? Read these names too
- Mya - Admired and Fashinable Hot Mya has its origin in Burmese and Latin, Mya means "Midwife or Wet Nurse" aimed at both sexes is used particulary in Finnish and Burmese. In 2018, admired name Mya reached 197th position among baby girl names in United States
- Glenda - Meaning of Glenda is Glan Meaning Clean Holy or Divine Goodness has its origin in Welsh and Celtic is a gender insensitive name is used principally in Welsh, German and English
- Erika - The widespread unisex name Erika means "Alone-Ruler or Ever-powerful" and is rooted from Old Norse and Nordic is specifically used in Hungarian, Finnish and English
- Kaylee - Meaning of Kaylee is Slender or Keeper of the Keys is used as a gender-neutral name and came from Arabic, Hebrew and Celtic is substantially used in Arabic and English
- Justin - Long standing and Predominant Justin commonly is used in Tamil, Finnish and Norwegian is of Latin origin given to both genders, meaning of Justin is "Just, Singer or Reasonable"
Namesakes of Charlie
- Charlie Masso, Puerto Rican singer
- Charlie Case, blackface comedian in America
- Charlie Chester, English comedian
- Charlie Bryan, head of the International Association of Machinists union
- Charlie Van Dyke, former radio disc jockey
- Charlie Whiting, FIA Formula One Race Director, Safety Delegate, Permanent Starter and head of the F1 Technical Department
- Charlie Birt, (born May 27, 1942
- Charlie Francis, Canadian Olympic sprinter and sprint coach most noteworthy for being the trainer of sprinter Ben Johnson, the first competitor to be stripped of an Olympic gold medal for using banned drugs
- Charlie Brown, Charles Manley Brown, Jr
- Charlie Utter, early figure in the American Wild West
- Charlie Kosei, jazz musician and performer
- Charlie King, attorney, politician
- Charlie Kerins, physical force Irish Republican
- Charlie Cunningham, mountain biking pioneer from Fairfax, California
- Charlie Kelly, early pioneer
- Charlie Naughton, Scottish comedian
- Charlie Whelan, is former political director of the British trade union Unite
- Charlie Williams, American baseball umpire
- Charlie Butt, Charles Stahley "Charlie" Butt, Jr
- Charlie L. Russell, Charlie Louis Russell, Jr
- Charlie Martin, auto racing driver from Wales
- Charlie Pierce, https://lccn
- Charlie Weimers, center-right Swedish politician
- Charlie Jackson, Defensive Assistant/Defensive Backs Coach for the Atlanta Falcons
- Charlie Wade, head coach of the University of Hawaii men's volleyball program
- Charlie Dove, English footballer
- Charlie Babcock, American actor born in Grosse Pointe
- Charlie van Gelderen, South African Trotskyist active
- Charlie Menard, nephew of Menards owner John Menard, Jr
- Charlie Catlett, ci
- Charlie Paton, first Scotsman to walk unsupported to the Geographic North Pole
- Charlie Hicks, American broadcaster familiar to listeners
- Charlie Neil, Previously
- Charlie Adam, Scottish professional footballer
- Charlie Burse, African-American blues musician
- Charlie Baker, NASCAR driver
- Charlie Power, member of the House of Commons of Canada
- Charlie Jordan, British radio presenter,
- Charlie Slowes, American sportscaster
- Charlie Hurley, was Officer Commanding of the 3rd Cork Brigade of the Irish Republican Army during the Irish War of Independence
- Charlie McKeahnie, Australian horseman born in Gudgenby
- Charlie Manna, Italian American standup comedian
- Charlie Brockman, president of the United States Auto Club
- Charlie Fitzberger, Major League Baseball player for the Boston Braves just at the end of the 1928 season
- Charlie Williams, English writer
- Charlie Wedemeyer, high school teacher and football coach
- Charlie Kulp, a
- Charlie Holmes, alto jazz saxophonist of the swing era
- Charlie Swan, former top National Hunt jockey in Ireland
- Charlie McGlade, volunteer
- Charlie Chauhan in MTV Kaisi yeh yaariyan as Actress
- Charlie Levy in Real Steel as Actress
- Charlie O'Neal in Episode dated 1 March 2013 as
- Charlie Cohen in Ernest Goes to Jail as Writer
- Charlie Bruneau in Goal of the Dead as Actress
- Charlie Latour in Murder by Sex as Actress
- Charlie Torr in Episode #3.3 as Actress
- Charlie Royce in Dangerous Diva Fights Crime wth Crime as Actress
- Charlie Clemmow in Born and Bred as Actress
- Charlie Hayes in Dead on Arrival as Actress
- Charlie Brooks Charlene Emma "Charlie" Brooks is a Welsh actress best known for playing Janine Butcher in the EastEnders series.
- Charlie Sheen is well-known for his acting in movie The Three Musketeers
- Charlie S. Chaplin, from 1996 horror flick Killer Barbys, who characterized Mario.
- Charlie Clark portrayed leading character of Boy with Caliper in 2006 biography and comedy film Sixty Six.
- In 2009 action and crime flick, Harry Brown, Charlie Creed-Miles played D.S. Terry Hicock.
- In 1977 drama movie, Pierre, Charlie Depauw portrayed N.
- In 1980, Charlie Díez Gómez portrayed the role of N in comedy and drama movie Bárbara.
- In 1990 drama, romance film, High Finance Woman, Charlie Edwards played Alex.
- Charlie Heath played the leading character of Cody in 1994 comedy and fantasy movie Leprechaun 2.
- In 2017, Charlie Hunnam characterized the role of Arthur in action and adventure film King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.
- Charlie Massó played leading role of Eduardo in 1995 comedy and fantasy movie Bésame en la boca.
- In 1988, Charlie Schlatter characterized the role of David Watson and Jack Watson in comedy and fantasy movie 18 Again!.
- In 1997 adventure and comedy flick, Redboy 13, Charlie Schmidt portrayed Sgt. Hurter.
- In 2008 action and crime flick, Bangkok Dangerous, Charlie Yeung characterized Fon.
- In 2018, Charlie Suntress characterized the role of N in animation, family flick Bigfoot.
- Charlie Shine, from 2019 horror movie Twinkle Twinkle, who portrayed the Giggles.
- Charlie Bodt played significant role of The Boss in 2003 film The Soft Hustle.
- Charlie Trairat, from 2003 comedy, romance film Fan chan, who characterized Jeab.
- Charlie Blount played the central role of Thug #1 in 2004 comedy, romance movie S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
- In 2005 drama flick, The Suit, Charlie Coniglio characterized Javier.
- In 2005, Charlie Levi Leroy played the role of Alberto in comedy film La semana que viene (sin falta).
- In 2014 thriller flick, The Man in the Chair, Charlie Haldeman played Detective.
- In 1996, Charlie Mendoza played the role of N in drama flick Kabilin-bilinan ni Lola.
- In thriller film, Serial Blondes, Charlie LeSueur played Man on Beach.
- Charlie Franks played leading role of Elvis Presley in 2015 comedy, documentary film Just About Famous.
- Charlie Willis Jeffery, from 2008 drama and horror film The Silencing, who played Doug.
- In 2014, Charlie Hall played the role of Phil in action and horror movie The Human Virus.
- In 2012 action flick, Big City Knights, Charlie The Dog characterized Charlie.
- In 2020, Charlie Buhler characterized the role of Erin in action and sci-fi film The Great Silence.
Lists having Charlie
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Charl
- Girl names that ends with -lie
- Popular Boy Names in United States (1935)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2004)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in France (2014)
- Popular Girl Names in France (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Northern Territory (2014)
- Popular Boy Names in Western Australia (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Handsome
- Baby Names that mean Manly
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Free
- Baby Names that mean woman
- Baby Names that mean Husband
- Baby Names that mean Vigorous
- Baby Names that mean Darling